$8.6M Apartment Is One Giant Tin-Foil Hat

HardOCP News

[H] News
I wouldn't care if this apartment was painted with 24k gold, I wouldn't pay $8.6 million for it. Imagine the kind of home you could build with that kind of money . :eek:

According to the account on this property website, after the graphite paint went down, the apartment's conductive envelope was extended by connecting each floor with wire tape to each wall. Then each wall was connected with wire strips to the ceiling, and every window was coated with a film of EMF-blocking polymer. The idea of this elaborate rig—known as a Faraday cage—is basically to block the energy from electric fields by channeling it all around the apartment, but not through it.

It's nice looking inside, but I agree with you, no way would I pay that much for an apartment, even if I had that kind of money.

Clearly designed to sell to one person :)

f3b08db35696ec4e3a3ea453a1a067728707bcf7e256ed56a1b9561933ca14db.jpg

I wouldn't care if this apartment was painted with 24k gold, I wouldn't pay $8.6 million for it. Imagine the kind of home you could build with that kind of money .

Imagine the insurance costs and property-tax bills while you're at it...;)

Ha! IThe owner will be laughing during the next Carrington type event.

Well, except for not having power afterwards.

Sounds like a great way to keep one's wireless in and everybody else's wireless out. Thank god for cable internet. :D

I could see someone isolating a few rooms for a few reasons. Isolating the entire building? Good luck using a cell phone.

Sadly, you can't even get a building like that for anything close to that price, in that condition, in that part of town, in NYC, where they start at $16 mill+. Lots of money flowing into the real estate market in NYC, where there is a lot of demand, but very little inventory ...

Now we know which apartment to raid when that EMP hits us during Armageddon/Zombie Holocaust .

I had to reno a 80-90 year old house with mortar and lathe, but this one had chicken wire as well.
No cell service at all and a real bitch to remove :(
If you've ever had to remove mortar stucco from the outside of a house; same thing, but you had to be a bit more gentle

There's a sickness i heard that exists where some people are effected by emf's. Reduces your radiation exposure which is a plus ;)

Ha, this is something I would have expected to see in a hollywood heist movie. Property is in San Fransisco which is right up there in stratosphere with NY for hyper inflated real estate pricing.

NOTE: this is only ONE floor, not the entire building.

Sadly, you can't even get a building like that for anything close to that price, in that condition, in that part of town, in NYC, where they start at $16 mill+. Lots of money flowing into the real estate market in NYC, where there is a lot of demand, but very little inventory ...

It's in San Francisco.

The price is a bit high though. Looking at Zillow, there's a few $8 million dollar homes a block away, but apartment wise $2-3 million dollar range. It's crazy to see apartments somewhere costing $16,000+ a month.

Eh... an apartment that sold for 2.7 million should be enough to make people go WTF, on the market at 8.6 is simply icing on the cake.

It's San Francisco, it's in the Pacific Heights neighborhood, it's just going to be disgustingly expensive as it is, I only wish my house was in that part of the city, then I would be virtually guaranteed to have a hefty as all hell retirement plan when I get older.

It's in San Francisco.

The price is a bit high though. Looking at Zillow, there's a few $8 million dollar homes a block away, but apartment wise $2-3 million dollar range. It's crazy to see apartments somewhere costing $16,000+ a month.

I am told people are renting garages to live in for $3000 a month.

I know the owner is just going to install a Wi-Fi router, I can feel it.

Yup this is in SF which is already crazy expensive and in Pac Heights which is one of the most expensive places in said city. Not surprised as most homes in Pac Heights for sale start at 6 mil.

There's a sickness i heard that exists where some people are effected by emf's. Reduces your radiation exposure which is a plus ;)

Completely made up bullshit. There is zero medical proof it is true. The overwhelming consensus from multiple studies and the world health organinzation is that these people are experience these symptoms, but the cause of the symptoms has no scientific connection to exposrure to electromagnetic fields.

Sometimes the stupidity/gullibility of people on this forum really surprises me.

Back