8.40 leaked? (cat 7.8)

Umm....yeah, anyone wanna give these a go.

I heard that these will turn my 512 MB 2900XT into the the 1Gb version.

Just kidding.

I'm about to install 'em, if my computer explodes, I'll let you guys know.

EDIT: Ok, I installed the 7.8 betas

I know that 3dMark is about as divisive as abortion rights on this forum, but here goes anyway...

System in signature

with 7.7: 11142
with 7.8 beta: 11214

So it goes up by about a hundred points.

Gone are the days when I will automatically install any beta driver that comes my way. Once they are official and I can read change logs from ATI I'll install 'em...but keep any information comin'.

I havent found a good ati driver since last summer.

just had to say that. everything is always geared to making the STUPID F****** crossfire work. who the hell cares about 400 watts of mediocre framerates and 800 dollars down thetubes? how about increasing x1900 series cards so your line actually doesnt look like crap? eh I guess I will keep dreaming.

Je ne sais pas = I don't know. :)

But you're right... I'm tempted to download the new drivers as well but... ehhh... I'd prefer to wait until they are "official".

They're installed and running on my machine without any hiccups.

BF2142 plays fine, Civ IV plays great. I haven't tested any Steam games.

I keep updating but there's never much added for the x850 series these days :( I see frames jump up a bit now and again though, I'll wait until these are official just thought i'd provide the link to all those hd2000 series owners out there

If anyone wants me to determine if the Source fog issue is fixed, let me know. Just make sure you tell me the most reproducible place (i.e. game, map, location) to find it. I'll take some screen grabs.

Of note, The Inquirer.net reports that ATi is stating that this bug is fixed in the August drivers.

Thanks for the link, tornadotsunamilife. I'll give em a try later today and report back.

Have them installed, so far so good no major problems.

I notice there is still some fog issues in CS:S

All good so far the first day. UT2k4, C&C Tiberum Wars, STALKER, DoD: Source and other apps run well.

Need to test with AQ3 and 3DM too. :)

Sorry, alittle of topic, but still the driver theme. Haven't had an Ati card for a year or two, so im out of the loop. What are the best drivers for an x1950xt? Currently using 7.4 and get 6k in 3dmark06. Is there a version people swear by for these cards?

It depends on what you want to do. For benchmarking on my X1650Pro in XP, I used to run 6.11 or 6.12 drivers by NGO, not Catalist. The NGO's would give the highest points in 3DM and AQ3, compared to the Cats, Omega's, etc.

But only certain versions are good for GPU folding, a list of those are on the F@H site.

am i the only one whose AA/AF settings dont stick? ever since cat 7.5 this has been the case. i continuously have to resett them. anyone know WHY and to fix? if not im gonna revert back to 7.4.

Back