7M Accounts For Minecraft Community ‘Lifeboat’ Compromised

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a member of the Minecraft community “Lifeboat,” I have bad news for you. According to the article, Lifeboat has yet to acknowledge the breach or warn it its users that their information has been compromised. :(

Over seven million user accounts belonging to members of Minecraft community “Lifeboat” have been hacked, according to security researcher Troy Hunt. Hunt said he will upload the data to his breach notification website “Have I Been Pwned?”, which allows people to check if their account is compromised, on Tuesday, and that it includes email addresses and weakly hashed passwords—meaning that hackers could likely obtain full passwords from some of the data.

It really doesn't get much worse than having a leak in the Lifeboat, does it?

Hopefully they weren't using an important password that they use for other stuff on that site...

I love that after searching haveibeenpwned.com I see that my daughter listened to me and used her 'fake' email address for this service instead of her major one, and that their passwords don't match anyways... There's hope for the next generation, but the current one's are doomed to password1234 forever...

Reactions: rat
like this
Back