$799 LG 34GK950F-B 34" 21:9 WQHD 144Hz FreeSync2 - Amazon

tim_m

i'm so nice
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0798Q8KG4/

I've been eyeing this monitor recently and it's back down to $799 on Amazon.

3rd party seller but fulfilled by Amazon so looks like it's covered by Amazon's free return policy?

Any predictions for Black Friday deals on this or similar ultrawides or is this worth snatching up now?

I also have been checking this monitor out.
Decent price. But I’m waiting I think for BF and hoping it gets closer to $500. Which may be unrealistic.

This thing is basically perfect for what I want. I just wish it was flat not curved. But literally every other spec on it is exactly what I want.

I also have been checking this monitor out.
Decent price. But I’m waiting I think for BF and hoping it gets closer to $500. Which may be unrealistic.

This thing is basically perfect for what I want. I just wish it was flat not curved. But literally every other spec on it is exactly what I want.

I've had mine for a while now, and I honestly never really even noticed it till last night, sitting at the desk NEXT to my monitor, watching my son play Fortnite on it. It was kind of a "oh yeah, that thing is curved" moment.

And yeah, besides personal preferences, there really isn't anything "better" out there. Sure, there's lots of features/tech you could add subract, but it's still pretty much the only game in town for ultrawide IPS >1080p >120Hz, with minimal input lag and a decent price. At $800 it's a good buy. $1200, not so much.

I've had mine for a while now, and I honestly never really even noticed it till last night, sitting at the desk NEXT to my monitor, watching my son play Fortnite on it. It was kind of a "oh yeah, that thing is curved" moment.

And yeah, besides personal preferences, there really isn't anything "better" out there. Sure, there's lots of features/tech you could add subract, but it's still pretty much the only game in town for ultrawide IPS >1080p >120Hz, with minimal input lag and a decent price. At $800 it's a good buy. $1200, not so much.

It’s just going to sit next to other monitors for me. And my personal preference is that I don’t want to mix curved and flat monitors. Obviously I expect that the monitors will look different to a certain extent, but as much as I can have line up I’d prefer to line up.

51E36458-2D8E-4B49-B1F9-C9313D4DD2BC.png
950g is still $649 shipped.

Great if you want gsync and you’re on nvidia. But I don’t and I’m not. And I really want fs2 monitors as it enforces more standards inside the specification.
Free sync works on Nvidia, so Gsync won’t work on AMD? Also difference in FS1 and FS2 is minimal at best.

Free sync works on Nvidia, so Gsync won’t work on AMD?

Correct. Gsync is nvidias proprietary garbage. They have started to adopt Freesync, the open standard, because they have to.

Also difference in FS1 and FS2 is minimal at best.

You clearly don’t know anything about these standards if you don’t know anything about freesync vs gsync and compatibility.

It is most certainly not minimal.

Requirements include removing the minimal frame rate and setting a maximum on screen latency. FreeSync 2 also doubles the color volume with support for wide color gamut color spaces and increased display brightness, enabling direct support of HDR-capable displays by video-card device driver and application software. Display's DisplayID/EDIDmetadata for color primaries and maximal/minimal luminances are used to adjust the tone mappingstep when writing to the frame buffer, thus offloading color space and transfer-functionprocessing from the OS color management and the video interface circuitry, which reduces output latency.[7][8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeSync?wprov=sfti1

Removing minimum frame rate alone is significant. But having minimum specification for hdr, brightness, and tone mapping is a significant image quality improvement. And offloading through edid to decrease output latency is even more so significant.

If you have any choice at all, it makes no sense to buy a fs1 monitor over an fs2 one.

Finally decided to go to micro center when I saw this was in stock, with only a single unit. Got home and this:

Was hoping to start a new game on a new monitor tonight.

Gonna see if another one comes in stock to exchange before the 30 day return window is up.

Amazon is around $850 now.

Ouch. That sucks majorly. Good luck with your search. Buydig is still around $800. At this point though, I think it’s crazy just to not wait the week and change for Black Friday and cyber Monday.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back