7970s in Xfire with 3 monitors

inglewood78

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got back from vacation and am looking for feedback from people who are running 2x7970s across 3 screens (eyefinity). About to pull the trigger on 2 7970s.

I've been reading about driver issues in a few threads and was just wondering if they have been ironed out.

For reference, I mostly play BF3 and maybe some SWTOR.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Running crossfire 7970 in 3x24'' portrait and i get horrible screen tearing across all three screens even though i'm hooked up dp>dp dp>dp dvi>dp . When i enable vsync the tearing goes to just the dvi monitor which is expected but it introduces pretty bad input lag. I've tried both the cd drivers and the latest 1/20 drivers and dont really see a difference. Also i randomly get tearing on all three screens even in windows.... I turned off crossfire and ran with one card and the input lag goes away. Im prolly going to send one back and wait for the 6GB 3mini dp card. btw this is all on BF3

Tri-Fire 7970s here all stock with my new LGA 2011 system all stock with 16GB ram.. Ran tripple screen eyefinity in BF3 ( <-- my main game i care about) no probs with 2 cards with most settings maxed at 6118x1080 @ 120hz no probs but wanted to try another card to see if i could max everything.. Added the 3rd card last night and and god damn does BF3 look incredable with everything and i mean everything maxed out on these cards! Cards all ran at 99% while playing. Frame rate around 50-80+. Would love to try out Quad. hehe

Newest beta and CAP 3... GO FOR IT!

I'm using the main DVI and 2 active mini display port to Dual DVI adapters for my 2 other 120hz displays.

No screen tearing no stuttering no whine from my 2 diamond and 1 xfx 7970 cards. None of the probs i've read about.

Running crossfire 7970 in 3x24'' portrait and i get horrible screen tearing across all three screens even though i'm hooked up dp>dp dp>dp dvi>dp . When i enable vsync the tearing goes to just the dvi monitor which is expected but it introduces pretty bad input lag. I've tried both the cd drivers and the latest 1/20 drivers and dont really see a difference. Also i randomly get tearing on all three screens even in windows.... I turned off crossfire and ran with one card and the input lag goes away. Im prolly going to send one back and wait for the 6GB 3mini dp card. btw this is all on BF3

use the framerate limiter in the afterburner OSD program, riva tuner. (its in your system tray).

This will remove any tearing when you combine that with ingame vsync

sorry i forgot to mention i ran the in game framerate limiter in bf3 "Gametime.maxvariablefps 60" sometimes it worked and 60fps felt smooth and sometimes it felt like 20fps. maybe microstutter?

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Seems like it's hit and miss. I should be prepared to reformat if things don't work out initially...

Back