7970 problem/black screen crash

Hurley_2002

Limp Gawd
Well I thought I had a bad 7970 card as I would now get black screens and crash anytime I play a game after building the computer 8 months ago and now having problems. Was told it could be a voltage issue with my corsair 750 watt power supply but why now? Anyways I swap cards with my buddy to see if it was bad. He has a 6850. I ran his card for a few weeks with no issues. I was able to play games just fine. He ran mine and was able to play games just fine also. I bought a new case fan for the side of my case and have it point directly on the video card to help keep cool air on it. Swap cards and brought my computer home. I got to play Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for around a hour or longer and of course black screen and crash again. Now I am being told its my monitor causing this? I have a Benq Senseye FP203W. I am just at the point of giving up cause I just don't know why it is doing this...Sorry for the long rant I was trying to be detailed as possible

Did you reformat when you got your 7970? I got this black screen issue when I first got my 7970s. Reformat fixed the issue for me.

Yeah both drives. It is an overheating issue but I just can't pinpoint the cause. I am wondering if it is a outlet or surge protector issue so I bought a outlet tester and a new surge protector since the one I am using is over 10 years old.

Back