7970 - i got mine - share your pics

So i got mine on the otherside of the world - NZ , try make a few ppl jealous ;). Now i just need to test and bench it a bit.
Replace my CF 5870's until a 7990 arrives - so i can tri-fire.

7870a.jpg

7970box.jpg

7970installed.jpg

Yeah that's what I would do, forget benches

Overclock that card

I'll wait till morning and more people should of some interesting numbers soon

hehe overclocking eh, maxed out sliders in catalyst no problem - fan gets a little noisy in heaven benchmark - seemed to run over 30fps on extreme tesselation with all settings maxed. Now to find a link to trixx so i can push it more :) Share if you have it handy.

Got to say thnx to Sapphire for including so many adapters, hooked up my old Dell 19inch vga lcd with DP to VGA connector and amazingly had all the cables i need in the box to do it also included a HDMI cable.

idle temps seem around 53 degrees cent with 100% load hitting 73/74 degrees with fan speed hitting 38-40 %.

I'm guessing you will be able to hit 1,100mhz / 1500 mem rather easy according to most people that have these cards. You might need a bios that has the voltage unlocked however such as an Asus card from what I've read here on HardOCP. I plan I doing this myself.

Jealous, mine hasn't shown up yet. Also, thank god sapphire has finally opted to not have a cartoonist on staff for designing their card. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like the simplicity of the new card.

I'm sure it runs FarmVille in HD3D 120 hz eyefinity IMAX smellovision.
how much more crop can I grow with it compared to my HD 6850 that I got for $120? I also have a couple PCI cards for more monitors too

so... ?

Got to say thnx to Sapphire for including so many adapters, hooked up my old Dell 19inch vga lcd with DP to VGA connector and amazingly had all the cables i need in the box to do it also included a HDMI cable.

i've got an old Dell 19" VGA LCD i use as a second monitor, but my XFX card will come with damn near no cables. i wonder if i can use the supplied HDMI -> DVI adapter, and then a DVI -> VGA adapter piggy backed on?

i've got an old Dell 19" VGA LCD i use as a second monitor, but my XFX card will come with damn near no cables. i wonder if i can use the supplied HDMI -> DVI adapter, and then a DVI -> VGA adapter piggy backed on?

Nope, HDMI > DVI doesn't include the analog channels... So there's nothing for the VGA cable to receive signal from.

Yea, not that I normally care about included cables, but xfx really dropped the ball in some regards. Between that and the revised warranty, the sapphire with its relative box o goodies was tempting, esp. with the free active DP adapter.

Nope, HDMI > DVI doesn't include the analog channels... So there's nothing for the VGA cable to receive signal from.

alright thanks for the heads up.

Yea, not that I normally care about included cables, but xfx really dropped the ball in some regards. Between that and the revised warranty, the sapphire with its relative box o goodies was tempting, esp. with the free active DP adapter.

doesn't usually bother me since i never use the supplied cables.

Where did you buy the complete series of Married with Children? Are they higher quality? I have them all but they are not all that great in quality, still waiting on my 7970.

doesn't usually bother me since i never use the supplied cables.

Well for those just joining the ranks of the Eyefinitarians, the included active miniDP to DVI adapter is pretty baller. Saves ya ~$25 from having to buy one yourself.

But seeing as how I already have a DP to DVI and a miniDP to DVI active adapter, I kinda wish they would have just dropped the price by $25 and not included it.

Where did you buy the complete series of Married with Children? Are they higher quality? I have them all but they are not all that great in quality, still waiting on my 7970.

Co-worker got it for xmas from somewhere. I'll ask. But, he said that there's (surprise) some crazy rights war being waged right now over married with children, so after the 1st season of discs, the theme song is some ghetto MIDI crap. As for quality, Ive been informed that its not too bad.

Mine ships today.........FROM CANADA BOOOOOOOO gonna take forever to get down to good ole Virginia.

behold! 7 more hours at the office....should feel like a decade.

IMG_0365.jpg

Well for those just joining the ranks of the Eyefinitarians, the included active miniDP to DVI adapter is pretty baller. Saves ya ~$25 from having to buy one yourself.

But seeing as how I already have a DP to DVI and a miniDP to DVI active adapter, I kinda wish they would have just dropped the price by $25 and not included it.

Buying bulk gives you a better price, so the price reduction would be minimal.

Wonder why they didn't really shroud the fans on the DD version. Quite a bit of wasted airflow going on there and really kills the fan efficiency.

without a doubt, that is one sexy looking video card

yeah really digging the XFX Black look :)

yeah it's a nice looking card, but for most of us once it's in the case it doesn't really matter. sunday night i told my fiance i was pulling the trigger on my new graphics card and she said "ok have fun". last night i warned her that she wouldn't see much of me tonight since my card was being delivered today and she said "oh, that's not something you download? i figured you got it sunday night." :D

she's not a dummy, in fact she has more degrees than i do, she just has no interest in gaming or computer tech. i just sent her that pic and said "i downloaded my new graphics card!"

My wife would do the same except she would complain why didn't I get her one or that before I play with my new card that I would have to help her out in some of her WOW quests... LOL

yeah it's a nice looking card, but for most of us once it's in the case it doesn't really matter. sunday night i told my fiance i was pulling the trigger on my new graphics card and she said "ok have fun". last night i warned her that she wouldn't see much of me tonight since my card was being delivered today and she said "oh, that's not something you download? i figured you got it sunday night." :D

she's not a dummy, in fact she has more degrees than i do, she just has no interest in gaming or computer tech. i just sent her that pic and said "i downloaded my new graphics card!"

Lol. :D

Once it delivers, I'm literally sneaking my new 7970 into the house inside my gym bag... She'll be pissed if she finds out I spent almost as much on a "computer part thingy" as I spent on her for Christmas this year.

I haven't bought a new card since my GTX285 from years ago, so I've put this purchase off for a while. Can't wait to see the difference it will make...

Back