7970 Eyefinity blank screen during POST

Currently running 3 monitor eyefinity with one Asus 7970 and one of the screens stays "asleep" during POST, but wakes fine during windows boot up. I've traced it down to the DVI output - it follows the output not the monitor. This is my first experience with eyefinity and just wondering if this is normal or anyone else has seen this?

Yes it is normal, it happens with my setup also, monitor on DVI port will not come on until the windows login screen while monitors hooked up to the mini display ports will display during post.

Same thing happens to my back up sys with 3 monitor on a old 5850.

Its no big deal to see the boot screen on all 3 monitors when i only run one when booting up and then enable the other 2 when i need them.

I never set up 3 monitors on my 6950 so not sure if it happens on that card also.

yep completely normal.. been like that for years, even before eyefinity/surround.

Same thing happens to my back up sys with 3 monitor on a old 5850.

Its no big deal to see the boot screen on all 3 monitors when i only run one when booting up and then enable the other 2 when i need them.

I never set up 3 monitors on my 6950 so not sure if it happens on that card also.

Well i did test the 6950 with 3 monitors but i never did notice if the boot screen showed up on all 3, i was not paying attention i just wanted to see if the extra Vram helped in games.

Back