7970 Crossfire smooth in Bioshock Infinite?

WiL11o6

Limp Gawd
About to pick up Bioshock Infinite and want to know if the AMD drivers are matured enough to run it smoothly in crossfire. I don't want a jittery and stuttery mess like FC3 and other games before I drop $60 on it.

Thanks

Update: Bought this game and it is smooth 99% of the time when NOT in combat. I have v-sync enabled and frame limit set at 60 in Afterburner. There is stutter when I enter combat and during combat, though it does fluctuate a lot. For example, when it stutters, it drops from 60 down to 55 and fluctuates from 55-60 for a good second before jumping back up to 60. This is quite annoying but not enough to classify this game as a stuttering mess, it's just not smooth most of the time. I would say it would stutter just a couple times almost in every scenario when I would get into combat.

I have tried a couple things, like downloading RadeonPro to try out the Dynamic v-sync I hear so much about. I've tried a couple of options in the RP but I still get the same stuttering. I've tried:

V-sync on, triple buffering, lock frames to monitor's refresh
Vsync - Dynamic
Vsync on, Dynamic Framerate Control set to 60

I have tried these options but still get that stutter during combat. RP locks in my FPS at 59.9 instead of 60.0 so I thought that was weird. I have my 2600k OC'd to 4.5ghz so I doubt it's my CPU choking. Is it because HT is enabled? Any who, if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to try.

Last edited:
Bioshock Infinite is not very demanding. You will be CPU bottlenecked, thus no microstutter.
I run it with two Titans@1100 MHz at 2880x1620 and my GPU load is 60% at maximum on both GPUs. I'm using vsync, though. Don't know if you would.

I have 7970 in crossfire with 13.3 beta drivers, and game play is very smooth for me.

Take a look on the [H] forsale fourm, lots of people selling game codes for $30. That is where I got mine :cool:

Same here. Bought the game on the forums here. Beat it with my trifire set up. It was smooth as butter. I'ts not a very demanding game.

I run it in 6048x1080 and I have my framerate limiter set to 40 and it's rock stable. The game has a few dips at times - most of the time it runs super smooth, but then suddenly there is a huge dip of FPS in a certain cutscene or angle, that is why I locked the FPS as low as 40 instead of 59, as I usually do.

That being said, many Unreal based games work pretty jiffy with Eyefinity for some reason and I have quite alot of tearing from time to time. I think it's the combo of CF+Eyefinity though, so either singlecard eyefinity, or just CF + single monitor would get rid of the tearing.

i have a 2x 6970 with i5-2500k at 4.5 Ghz and there are times where the texture loading/streaming will stutter the game for a good 2-3 seconds, especially when changing enviroments - its very annoying. But then again my cards only have 2GB of VRAM - im sure 3GB would have no issues

Update: Bought this game and it is smooth 99% of the time when NOT in combat. I have v-sync enabled and frame limit set at 60 in Afterburner. There is stutter when I enter combat and during combat, though it does fluctuate a lot. For example, when it stutters, it drops from 60 down to 55 and fluctuates from 55-60 for a good second before jumping back up to 60. This is quite annoying but not enough to classify this game as a stuttering mess, it's just not smooth most of the time. I would say it would stutter just a couple times almost in every scenario when I would get into combat.

I have tried a couple things, like downloading RadeonPro to try out the Dynamic v-sync I hear so much about. I've tried a couple of options in the RP but I still get the same stuttering. I've tried:

V-sync on, triple buffering, lock frames to monitor's refresh
Vsync - Dynamic
Vsync on, Dynamic Framerate Control set to 60

I have tried these options but still get that stutter during combat. RP locks in my FPS at 59.9 instead of 60.0 so I thought that was weird. I have my 2600k OC'd to 4.5ghz so I doubt it's my CPU choking. Is it because HT is enabled? Any who, if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to try.

Hmm, no stuttering on 2x7950s (OC'd to 1GHz), almost always a solid 60 even in combat. I am playing from an SSD, so not sure if that affects things since this game runs on UE3 which relies heavily on texture streaming.

Also... the CF 7950s are a massive improvement over the single Titan I used to have which would often dip into the 40s at this res, felt pretty jittery as well.

Game runs perfectly fine with my crossfire 6970s. Issue I have is the brief stutter when it's loading up an area in the background. I guess that's fairly common.

Game runs perfectly fine with my crossfire 6970s. Issue I have is the brief stutter when it's loading up an area in the background. I guess that's fairly common.

Yeah, I get that stutter on a single 7970 when crossing a loading threshold.

Back