7900GTX Paper Launch or Not?

k2uza

Weaksauce
So, I'm finishing up upgrading my computer. The last thing missing is a videocard. I've wanted to wait until Cebit. I was hoping that the 7900 would get released. If not, at least force prices to go down.

This week Compusa has a pretty good deal on an ATI 1900xtx for 550.00. So, to get that price I'd need to buy by Saturday night. The question of the day is whether the nvidia 7900 will see the light of day this week or not? I upgraded rarely, but when I do I don't mind spending the extra $$$ for top of the line products. I'd like to order a new video card by the end of this week.

Any place that will allow preorders for the 7900gtx? If I can't garuantee myself the 7900 I'd like to just buy the compusa ati card. I could pick it up locally and it sounds like a good deal.

Mwave looks like they have there shipment of 7900gtx. So im assuming a hardlaunch :D

I'm thinking a [H]ard launch. Either way, you'll know by Saturday whether or not it is a hard launch or not. With everyone speculating it's release will be on the 9th, that should give you a couple of days to decide.

hard launch cause NVIDIA wants to put ATI back into a solid 2nd place - if the 7900 is all it is cracked up to be that is.

There's just something about a [H]ard launch that just make me .... err... NM! :D

Back