7900GTX in SN25P (pics inside!)

[RCKY] Thor

2[H]4U
100_0813.sized.jpg

100_0815.sized.jpg

100_0818.sized.jpg

Those are the important ones. Clears the caps with no problem, rests against the drive cage. Might be under a little bit of torque, but if it is, it's not much. 5886 3dmark06 at stock clocks, never broke 65 degrees on the card. Doesnt seem to put too much heat out the side of the heatsink by the cpu (finger test method :D ) and definatley moves more out the PCI slot.

Rest of the pics are here: http://test.air-power.us/gallery/7900

and I got this to go with it: http://test.air-power.us/gallery/Viewsonic

That\'s awesome. I should be getting my 7900GTX on Friday (please!!!) and I can\'t wait to put it in my SN25P.

nice call on that card, what games are on their way though that will really push that card? considering doing anything else to your box?

nice, i have that same fujiplus LCD, not a bad setup at all you have for yourself, i take it you play BF2? what card were you upgrading from? having a godo time with her so far?

Basically, it is nice to be able to run BF2 with AA/AF and Vsync. Not planning on much else for this box, don't think there is much else I could do to it! Upgraded from a 7800GTX that I sold to a friend while it was still worth something. You can't beat that fujiplus for the price, but I wanted a widescreen, and I'm loving it so far.

How come you don't close the case up, does it get too hot? I personally think Shuttles look much better with their sides on.

I usually do, I had just crammed it in there and was making sure no wires were getting into the fan or anything.

Thought I would do a little 2 week bump. Card is working great with absolutely no problems. Runs cooler than the 7800gtx KO, and overall case temps are down a few degrees. Thing is damn near silent to boot. Couldn't be happier.

wow, looks sweet. i'll be getting myself a sn25p also and with your setup running with no problems. i'm sure this shuttle will be able to fill my needs of overclocking w/ a good video card. i stepped up to the 7900GT CO SC and will be getting it soon.

btw, how are your cpu temps with that oc on your opty?

Temps are fine, sit about 51 or so under full load (double prime95). And yes, still stock clocks on the 7900.

Back