7900 GS or 7800 GT?

Star Fox

Limp Gawd
I have the opportunity to acquire one of these cards (I get to pick which), and I am faced with a conundrum.

Which one should I pick?
Logical order would state a 7900 would surpass the abilities of a 7800, but the same could be said about a GT surpassing a GS.

Anyone got any ideas?

Edit: By "opportunity to acquire", I actually mean someone is giving me one or the other, so price isn't an issue for me.

Certainly go with the 7900GS. I'm not sure if the PCB is the same, but you may be able to follow up with the 7900GT vmod...

Star Fox said:
Edit: By "opportunity to acquire", I actually mean someone is giving me one or the other, so price isn't an issue for me.
:eek: What a gift. As aforementioned the cards are so close in terms of stock performance you might as well take the newer card which also happens to be the one more likely to OC like a demon; 79GS

Star Fox said:
I have the opportunity to acquire one of these cards (I get to pick which), and I am faced with a conundrum.

Which one should I pick?
Logical order would state a 7900 would surpass the abilities of a 7800, but the same could be said about a GT surpassing a GS.

Anyone got any ideas?

Though the 7800 GT is still a very good card, I think you're better off with the 7900 GS. Less heat, less power with similar or better performance and considering that price is not an issue, 7900 GS FTW!

i got the asus ghost recon edition gs
its suprisingly robust for overclocking

core @ 560
ram @ 1580

stable as anything
i thought this was pretty decent seeing as it was the cheap version

Back