790 Chipset, Zune and You

debello_64

Gawd
Ran into an interesting problem earlier today. Rebooted my MSI K9A2 Platinum (bios V1.1) with Phenom 9500 for the first time with my Zune 30 connected via USB. What I found Interesting is that the bios practically locked up with the Zune connected and only reconized 3gigs of the 4gigs of memory installed. At first my reaction was that it was just another crappy MSI board that died on me. But with the Zune disconnected, the system booted up normally and reconized the full 4gigs. Interesting enough the motherboard doesnt have this issue when an external HDD is connected via USB, but only when the Zune is connected.

Anyone else out there with a 790 chipset and Zune able to try this out on their system?

I dont have a 790 chipset or a zune but i have pretty much the same problem with my 2nd gen nano. i just unplug it when i turn off my pc and everythings fine.

I'll try it tonight when I get home from work and report back. I have the same board and a 30gb zune. Only 2gb ram though and the proc is a x2 5200+ but I don't think that'll matter.

I had one external hard drive that stopped everything when I booted up. I always had to plug it in after the PC had finished start up. Everything else worked fine.

I have the same problem with my Ipod Mini plugged in with my Biostar TForce 550SE. Locks at POST unless I unplug the Ipod.

I've never had any problems with anything like that, USB drives, External HDDs, Mobile Phone, MP3 or MP4

I have a similar problem, with my DFI Ultra-D, a friend with the same board, has the same issue. It wont boot with an mp3 player plugged in.

Back