7870 Myst (Tahiti LE) + 4 Games, $200AR NCIX(us)

blade52x

2[H]4U
Ripped straight from SD. Pretty amazing deal. It's a Tahiti LE for $200AR, with the new AMD bundle of 4 games. You could quickly sell the bundle for $50-$60 making this card cost less than $150 in the end!

Link to NCIX

They also have a similar another model for $210AR. It has a slightly different cooler. Maybe slightly better cooling performance? Second Link

Just a heads up, the rebate looks to apply to either card. And it's limit one, so it doesn't look like you can order both and qualify for two rebates (if you were thinking about that).

Last edited:
How much faster is this card over 6850? Worth an upgrade?

Its a a nice upgrade from your 6850 Hulk. I have both cards and the fan on the 7870 EZ is quieter that the Myst.

Hard to find a better deal at that price point.

I have both this card the EZ version. Both coolers could be better. My issue is that the heat is pumped into the case. I have had a lot of trouble controlling heat.

Side note: when did [H] start allowing ncix links again? When NewEgg went on the naughty list?

Perfect timing! I was just telling my coworker about this card today. Basically the best card you can buy for 1080p gaming (for the money).

Damn, Crysis 3 with this as well, that's even better than the Newegg deal on this a little while ago, it didn't come with the Crysis 3.

Overclocked (1200mhz/6200mhz) I've seen it perform like a 7970(non-Ghz Edition)...It's an amazing card and at the settings I run mine at (1200mhz core /stock memory) really gives my GTX670 a run for it's money.

This card is great, it can get pretty loud if you set that fan to 100% though. I'm going to grab another one for that fps needed @ IPS 27' 2560x1440 resolution. Still need to grab the monitor. Whats your power draw and temp at 1200/stock mem Rauelius?

Seriously considering this. Given my rig specs below (I am overclocked now to 3.2ghz air cool), would this be a major improvement over my 6950 2gb card (can't unlock the shaders)? I am playing on a single monitor at 1080p. Still using Vista (lol).

I came from an unlocked 6950 2gb and definitely noticed an improvement after overclocking to 1200mhz. After selling the game codes it worked out to a free upgrade that is at least 25% faster than my old card.
I don't like the cooler though. My old 6950 was a blower style so temps stayed under control in the case. Plan to buy more fans if you get this thing and make sure you have good airflow in your case.

This card is great, it can get pretty loud if you set that fan to 100% though. I'm going to grab another one for that fps needed @ IPS 27' 2560x1440 resolution. Still need to grab the monitor. Whats your power draw and temp at 1200/stock mem Rauelius?

I have two of them. One tied to a 2600k and one tied to an FX-8350. Both are in similar Antec Cases (300 and 900). Temp wise I really don't see issue, but I have amazing airflow so temps are solid. Don't know about power consumption tho. I did originally have the 7930 in my Media PC and temps were INSANE. 90c after 30 minutes of Tomb Raider(2013)....with better airflow in the 8350 and 2600k machine, they max out at 76c.

I came from an unlocked 6950 2gb and definitely noticed an improvement after overclocking to 1200mhz. After selling the game codes it worked out to a free upgrade that is at least 25% faster than my old card.
I don't like the cooler though. My old 6950 was a blower style so temps stayed under control in the case. Plan to buy more fans if you get this thing and make sure you have good airflow in your case.

Same exact story for me. It's enough of an increase in performance to notice it quite easily. The cooler is definitely not the greatest in the world, but like you said, with decent air flow it's not an issue. Also, at this price you could get yourself a cheap h60 to slap on the card and never have to worry about heat problems again.

Man at this prices its hard not to consider pairing this card with my 7950 for xfire but I bought one of these exact cards before I got the 7950 and it wouldn't work properly in my motherboard, yet worked flawlessly in another computer so I returned it... Worked out though cause Newegg let me keep the game bundle! Excellent deal though. I am almost tempted to try it again. :p

Man at this prices its hard not to consider pairing this card with my 7950 for xfire but I bought one of these exact cards before I got the 7950 and it wouldn't work properly in my motherboard, yet worked flawlessly in another computer so I returned it... Worked out though cause Newegg let me keep the game bundle! Excellent deal though. I am almost tempted to try it again. :p

Couldn't you sell the 7950 and get two 7930's(I know....easier said than done)? A 7930 overclocked can at least match a 7950 Boost...and at stock is about as fast as the old 7950s....

The Myst is a better cooler than the EZ. If I were buying a Tahiti LE card I'd buy:
1). Sapphire 7870XT
2). Powercolor MYST
3). Powercolor EZ

I've owned the 7870XT and the EZ...the 7870XT is a much better cooler. At least 10C cooler under load. How much extra the better cooler is worth to you is up to you ;).

How does the wattage load compare with the PC 6950 2gb like I have? I am figuring my Corsair 600w will be enough..

Couldn't you sell the 7950 and get two 7930's(I know....easier said than done)? A 7930 overclocked can at least match a 7950 Boost...and at stock is about as fast as the old 7950s....

I could but it wouldn't be worth the trouble to be honest. If I really wanted Xfire I would buy this and Xfire with the 7950, however I probably won't because like I said I already tried using this same card with my motherboard and it would won't work. Kept freezing up when Windows would load up yet the card worked fine in another PC, while a 6850, 6950 and 7950 (all other brands) work fine on the same motherboard I couldn't get the PowerColor card to work on. Plus I don't really like bothering with overclocking hardware.

At this price I was considering giving the card another shot but I probably won't considering the trouble I had with this particular card previously. Its still the best bang for your buck out there IMO.

I could but it wouldn't be worth the trouble to be honest. If I really wanted Xfire I would buy this and Xfire with the 7950, however I probably won't because like I said I already tried using this same card with my motherboard and it would won't work. Kept freezing up when Windows would load up yet the card worked fine in another PC, while a 6850, 6950 and 7950 (all other brands) work fine on the same motherboard I couldn't get the PowerColor card to work on. Plus I don't really like bothering with overclocking hardware.

At this price I was considering giving the card another shot but I probably won't considering the trouble I had with this particular card previously. Its still the best bang for your buck out there IMO.

I had the same issue, updated the motherboard bios and then it worked fine. The card is a UEFI bios enabled video-card, designed for windows 8 and UEFI motherboards, but won't work correctly w/out the newest bios most of the time. Not trying to convince you to do anything, just an FYI.

I had the same issue, updated the motherboard bios and then it worked fine. The card is a UEFI bios enabled video-card, designed for windows 8 and UEFI motherboards, but won't work correctly w/out the newest bios most of the time. Not trying to convince you to do anything, just an FYI.

Yeah I had the most recent bios for my motherboard installed, even tried a beta bios for the board but nothing worked. Powerecolor told me that they couldn't provide me with an bios update for the card either because I would "burn out the card" according to them yet they did suggest I update my motherboard bios, lol. It was just one of those strange things. I'd still recommend the card to anyone considering it.

So, are you saying that this card only works with a motherboard that has UEFI BIOS? I picked up a MYST Edition, but have yet to install it in my Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H.

So, are you saying that this card only works with a motherboard that has UEFI BIOS? I picked up a MYST Edition, but have yet to install it in my Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H.

The card should work. I had it working in a non-UEFI bois board. The board I couldn't get it to work in, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H, has a UEFI bios, not that it shouldn't work in UEFI bios boards either.

The card should work. I had it working in a non-UEFI bois board. The board I couldn't get it to work in, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H, has a UEFI bios, not that it shouldn't work in UEFI bios boards either.

I used it in a GA-Z77X-UD4H without issue. It's not THAT much different of a board.

I'd like to just confirm as well that I have this working in a non-UEFI BIOS board. I picked up a MYST edition and got it to run on my ASUS M4A78T-E without any issues.

I wish someone would make a friggin fullcover block for these..The Swiftech GPU only blocks work fine, but the damn VRMs get hot enough to nearly burn you, and that is WITH heatsinks installed..I was thinking of getting one before but opted on a used MSI TwinFrzr III 7950 (best out there, 7970 PCB and power setup) with a full cover block for $270 back in March..

These would be great mining cards though...*ponders*

Back