7870 LE/XT $270 amazon (in stock)

Wouldn't a 270X be a better deal at $199?

Have you seen them in stock for that price? They're all sold out and I'd imagine when they do come into stock they'll be increased in price. It does seem like they're allowing you to put down for them at 200 dollars, so I'm not sure what will happen with that.

Apparently they are in stock at newegg, I rescind my statement. I was just looking at amazon for the free shipping.

Have you seen them in stock for that price? They're all sold out and I'd imagine when they do come into stock they'll be increased in price. It does seem like they're allowing you to put down for them at 200 dollars, so I'm not sure what will happen with that.

Apparently they are in stock at newegg, I rescind my statement. I was just looking at amazon for the free shipping.

I show lots of 270X on NewEgg for $199 and I am able to add them to cart.

I think they're pretty equivalent, maybe the 7870xt edging the 270x out just by a little bit? It's hard to compare them directly, almost all the new reviews cut the 7870xt out of their listings, it's like the forgotten little card that kind of could but not really. Another problem is that a lot of the specific 270x cards come with random factory OCs because they're so easy to overclock, which skews numbers on performance and power consumption even more.

I was mostly interested in a 7870-ish card for my server (listed in sig) that was lower power than a 7950/7970 and hopefully quieter too. I planned on downclocking the core and undervolting it and just having it mine whatever cryptocurrency I felt like. I can't really tell if the 270xs are voltage unlocked or not, only one review I read so far mentioned it, and it was a newegg review where he's probably just using an older version of afterburner.

I'm beginning to think I may need to upgrade my PSU unfortunately. It's got a pretty low limit, but I'm not overclocking the CPU at all (it's a server board anyways), and I plan on running something CPU and GPU intensive (like the combined physics test in 3dmark11?) and seeing what it reads at the wall/if it shuts down.

99% of the time it idles at ~40 watts from the wall right now.

Back