7820X quick and dirty OC vs Full Tweak

Luca1

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

Just bought a 7820x and Asus Tuff Mark 1 mobo.

What is a quick and dirty way to Oc this chip (Asus software maybe)

VS

A manual OC. i.e what settings should I absolutely have enabled/disabled in the bios and what settings should I be tweaking to get started.

Have some OC experience had my Xeom 5670 at 4.2 manually the last year or so have a rough idea.. But some tips or links would be wicked!

Thanks,
Luca

I'll watch this thread, as this combo interests me and I've never OC'd a cpu and I need to learn...

I'll watch this thread, as this combo interests me and I've never OC'd a cpu and I need to learn...

Hoping to get some info but no takers yet. The CPU and mobo is frikken awesome but stock speeds just won't do :D

The chip likes to fry itself, so adequate cooling is a must. You'll also want to increase the power limit to 400 or 450 watts in the bios. Keep voltage below 1.3 volts, up the Mesh to 3GHz and bump the MESH voltage to 1.0 or 1.1v. Raise VRIN External Override (I have a Gigabyte board so no idea what it's called on Asus mobo's) to 1.9volts.

The biggest tip I can give you is set your AVX and AVX 512 offsets to -3 and -5 respectively. AVX processing sends these CPU's into overload mode and they use a ton of power. Setting and offset will mean that if your chip is at 4.5GHz and you have a AVX 512 offset of -5, it will run at 4.0GHz when running AVX 512 enabled operations.

This thread might help you:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1635170/asus-x299-motherboard-series-official-support-thread/0_50

Back