7800gtx help with BF2??

woody337

n00b
Hi everyone, I have the following: a64 4000+, 2gigs corsair, audigy 2, and 1 7800gtx on a sli asus board with an antec truepower 550w. Now my problem. When I play BF2 occasionally when i'm around the grass/weeds they flicker like hell, almost like they jump from low detail to high detail and back and forth. Everything else looks great in the game but the whole grass/weed flicker/jumping is really annoying. It seems to do it the most when there are loud explosions around or gun shots. I have tried diff. drivers and I cant make it go away. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Lee

Not to steal your thread or anything but my system is almost exactly like yours, but I use the onboard sound. I don't have the problem you speak of and don't know what it's caused by, but the problem I have is that I hear crackling noises in the sound from the game. I have the decoding on software since my Audigy 2ZS Gamer isn't here yet. Anyways, the crackling noises are driving me to the point where I can't even play the game now.

woody337 said:
Hi everyone, I have the following: a64 4000+, 2gigs corsair, audigy 2, and 1 7800gtx on a sli asus board with an antec truepower 550w. Now my problem. When I play BF2 occasionally when i'm around the grass/weeds they flicker like hell, almost like they jump from low detail to high detail and back and forth. Everything else looks great in the game but the whole grass/weed flicker/jumping is really annoying. It seems to do it the most when there are loud explosions around or gun shots. I have tried diff. drivers and I cant make it go away. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Lee
Have you tried tinkering with the AA and AF inside (and outside) of the game? Maybe try kicking either (or both) of those settings up a bit will help.

Give it a shot and report back.

Man i wish i had that kinda money.... RIch bastardS! Check out my my system

3.4 p4
geforce 6800gt pci e
200 gig sata hd
this the best part ..... 256 ddr ram

ya i get like 2 frames in bf2

woody337 said:
Thanks
Lee

I have a 7800GTX and I get the same problem (flickering of grass\weeds). I'm going to try setting my AA and AF to application controlled in the nvidia control panel BF2 profile. I'll use the in-game BF2 settings for AA and AF. This might help the problem. I'll let you know.

If anyone else has any suggestions please let us know. Woody337, if you find a fix for this problem, please post it here in the thread, so I can fix mine also. Thanks

Ron1jed said:
Man i wish i had that kinda money.... RIch bastardS! Check out my my system

3.4 p4
geforce 6800gt pci e
200 gig sata hd
this the best part ..... 256 ddr ram

ya i get like 2 frames in bf2
why would you bother with a 6800gt if you're not going to spend any money on ram. that's really dumb.

I'm using the new 77.77, I have tried about every driver there is and nothing seems to help. I begining to wonder if its the game needs to be further patched?

I was using the 77.76 drivers. I'm gonna download and try the 77.77 drivers. I just found out about them.

Kinda got a gambling problem and can't afford ram. hell i can't affford chicken nuggets from wendys...

Try setting the drivers to 'quality' instead of 'performance'. With my 6800GT@Ultra, I notices this on 'performance' but not 'quality'.

Ron1jed said:
Kinda got a gambling problem and can't afford ram. hell i can't affford chicken nuggets from wendys...

Lmao...I think I got a coupon for free ram with nugg....

I also have a similar issue with BF2. It deals with some of the textures on sandbags. After a level load, they will sometimes appear to be "warbling" almost like water. I suppose you may even call it flickering, but it doesnt' go away. It just kinda hangs out. Doesnt' happen all the time, but it's kinda :(

Back