7800gtx $495 no rebates no codes required

Had to go with the egg heads since the lady at zzf said it wouldn't ship same day. The big red "no refunds" text was a little scary too. Not that I'd ever return it...pry it from my cold, dead, lifeless, glued to keyboard hands... I don't usually order from them. Anyone ever have zzf ship same day?

Jodiuh said:
Had to go with the egg heads since the lady at zzf said it wouldn't ship same day. The big red "no refunds" text was a little scary too. Not that I'd ever return it...pry it from my cold, dead, lifeless, glued to keyboard hands... I don't usually order from them. Anyone ever have zzf ship same day?

nope never... usually 3-4 days for them to ship anything! my BFG 7800GTX sat in "packed" state for 4 days.. my X2 4200+ was in packed state for 4 days also.

edit..

for what its worth I have 2 of those Leadtek 7800GTX in SLI in one of my systems..one card died completely after 3 days of use.. <shrug> YMMV

its on its way back to newegg for a replacement as we speak.

They've always shipped same/next day for me.
But I've never ordered such a popular item as this.

TheGameguru said:
for what its worth I have 2 of those Leadtek 7800GTX in SLI in one of my systems..one card died completely after 3 days of use.. <shrug> YMMV

That's it, I'm goin' to bed :( :( :(

yeppers warrenty and durability is a big thing with a near $500 card.

myself i am going to wait a while before i get a GTX.

#1 is the price is bound to drop quite a bit more.

#2 as with anything that is new--there are bound to be some problems and some shoddy products. i so giving some time to sort it out would be the thing.

i jumped the gun on a PNY-6800GT--thought i got a good deal--it ran just long enough to let the one year warrenty go out--then croaked--and PNY's warrenty and service sucks--don't want to re-live that with a F-ing $500 video card !!

the BFG looks like the best--but i'll wait and see-- :cool:

Considering the nightmare you went through...BFG is the only choice ;) Good luck this time bro.

Back