770 SLI or 780?

Sowexly

Gawd
I plan to play on a VG248QE with lightboost and from what I can tell that means I'll want a minimum frame rate of 100 or so (yeah welcome to [H]) I can't tell if I'll get bottle necked by the specs on the 770s vs the 780 or if I could justify 780 SLI down the road on a single 1080p display.

I know the only games that will really be hard are (Metro, Crysis, Arma, etc) but I play them with a passion and modding games like Morrowind and Skyrim are something I love doing as well.

I would definitely get a aftermarket cooler on the 770s and hope for a crazy good OC

go with the 770s, even 660TI SLI its plenty for 1080p@120hz in most game as you know except MetroLL, Crysis3, etcetcetc.. i was 660TI SLI and i could play at 120FPS on my tv most games relax, there are only few games where 770s aren't enough to that numbers... i would go with 770s..

Check this out for comparison sake:

LL_zps2fb2fa64.jpg

Regards, :)

You dont list all the games you are playing. If its just Skyrim, the 780 will be plenty and you avoid the hassles of SLI.

I only listed titles I believe would be a problem that I planed on playing, for example DayZ (but that's an optimization thing more than anything) and I'm sure I can turn off lightboost for the games I don't crush and just run it at 120/144Hz

I personally go for single GPU solutions when able, but if a 120fps must be maintained then SLI might be your only option.

I'm looking into other options but it seems the 600 series isn't up to snuff even in 2 way SLI so I might have to get a 780 and see if that runs as well as I hope, if not we'll see if another 780 is doable.

If you have the slightest inkling that you might go with Surround at some point, get the 780, but for just a single 120hz screen, go with the two 770s.

770 sli beats a single 780. but depends on what you want to use your card for and your resolution.

Back