700 watt power supplys

QuadDragon

Limp Gawd
Ive read all the reviews on power supplys that hardocp has done so far, since the Thermaltake toughpower got such a good review would it be best to use the 700 watt as well or are there better 700 watt powersupplys to be had for the money?

Ive read all the reviews on power supplys that hardocp has done so far, since the Thermaltake toughpower got such a good review would it be best to use the 700 watt as well or are there better 700 watt powersupplys to be had for the money?

The Toughpower 700W isn't a bad PSU at all, and is an excellent PSU for the money, but it should be pointed out that the platform the 1000W and 1200W uses is completely different than the 700W and therefore can't be used as a benchmark.

My Infiniti 720 is handling everything I can throw at it. I've had much more plugged into it than what's in my sig. It's quiet, and pretty too. :D

'Nope' on the Zippy. I tried an Emacs and the fan was too loud compared to other models in its range. :( It was pretty much a howler.

Zippy IMO needs to get past the "server mentality" if they're going to break much into the enthusiast PSU market. You need to offer units that are fairly quiet nowadays as well as high power and stability.

Well they offer a gamer line too with sleeved cables and a quiet fan. But I just bought the server one and swapped the fan and sleeved it myelf. I used 2x Nexxus fans and it's inaudible.

'Nope' on the Zippy. I tried an Emacs and the fan was too loud compared to other models in its range. :( It was pretty much a howler.

Zippy IMO needs to get past the "server mentality" if they're going to break much into the enthusiast PSU market. You need to offer units that are fairly quiet nowadays as well as high power and stability.

Zippy doesn't really have the production capacity to get into a higher volume market than the one they currently are in. It isn't so much a server metnality as much as they make server PSU's and some people have reapropriated them for other uses which lead to them trying otu the Gamer line.

Actually Zippy is happy where they are at I would say!!
Look at all the flak PC Power & Cooling gets for being noise...yet the gaming market isn`t really where PC Power & Cooling makes there money...thus IMO there not doing anything about the noise issues.

Peace!!

Themaltake, Seasonic, PC&P, and Silverstone are all good.

Look at all the flak PC Power & Cooling gets for being noise...yet the gaming market isn`t really where PC Power & Cooling makes there money...thus IMO there not doing anything about the noise issues.

Peace!!

Which market exactly would they make their money in then?

Back