70 More Rick and Morty Episodes Ordered

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
There was no doubt that the cult cartoon Rick and Morty would get renewed, but Adult Swim has just ordered 70 more episodes, more than double the amount of episodes made to date. While there was no time frames announced, it was described as a "longterm deal." It's just a shame with the time it takes between seasons, most of us will be dead before the deal is done.

To celebrate the deal, Adult Swim is rolling out a multi-city popup, the Rickmobile, to cater to the fervent fan base. The tour kicks off May 17 in Atlanta before making its way to San Diego Comic-Con in July.

Rick.jpg

Ordering ahead is good for the writing quality of future episodes, even if it's only mildly continuous like Rick and Morty is. Writers don't have to worry about squeezing plots into tiny arcs, making open ended conclusions... or losing their jobs.

I'm still salty about short-term orders sabotaging some of my favorite series.

This show is inappropriately good, I hope they can keep the quality up.

Sweet, glad to hear it's got a long future ahead. Still need to get started on Season 3 myself

Ordering 70 more episodes feels like nice news until I remember how much of a hard to work with perfectionist Dan Harmon is and that through butting heads those 70 episodes will probably take 20 years.

Also I too did not know of the rickmobile! I’ve gotta wait until September for it to be near me though.

Aw man, is this like a superhero show or something?

In any case ordering 70 episodes isn't exactly like ordering 70 pizzas. Or maybe it is. I don't know, I don't use smartphones.

In any case ordering 70 episodes isn't exactly like ordering 70 pizzas. Or maybe it is. I don't know, I don't use smartphones.
Do yourself a favor and watch it. You won't be dissapointed.

What's a POP-UP?
I do not understand. I'm a big fan of the show, but can't fathom what is happening in real life from a cartoon.
Sorry if my age is showing.

Well you’re in luck, you can use a landline to order pizza as well.
I was. I couldn't even get all the way through the 1st episode (just like Game of Thrones). But to each their own.
I love the show but I’ll say the pilot isn’t the strongest episode. However it is rather indicative of what follows to an extent. They build on each other, and typically portray some very real human personalities and psyches.

Personal favorites are two episodes of season 2. One ends with the song ‘Do you feel it’ and the other is the season finale which ends with Hurt by Nine Inch Nails. I may be slightly drunk and rambling at you so I apologize.

Love the full house comment. I was going to say touched by an angel. Either way R&M, 1000 more years, forever. Forever, Morty. Fingers crossed for Phoenix Person to show up.

What's a POP-UP?
I do not understand. I'm a big fan of the show, but can't fathom what is happening in real life from a cartoon.
Sorry if my age is showing.

It is a pop up shop. They find a location, setup shop, and sell and/ or give away things for a bit.

It is an alright show and I enjoyed it. I don't think it is amazing like some people make it out to be.

The show is dark. Demented. Immoral.

Shocking.

Someone told me it was Nihilistic, but I don't know what that means.

I was. I couldn't even get all the way through the 1st episode (just like Game of Thrones). But to each their own.

That's what happened to me. I gave up on the first episode. After some time I tried watching season 2 and it felt much much better. Now I have a stuffed pickle Rick besides me

Back