70 inch Samsung $549 @ BB

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
Yup, not a high tier Samsung, nor does it advertise as being one.

But it is $549 at BB and it's a 70 inch.

Only has 2 HDMI ports(that's what a splitter is for).

If you're skeptical about going cheal with an offbrand at this price, at least you know you're getting a decent brand for such a massive TV.

I bought one yesterday for the second living room and it looks pretty good.

IMO, this is by far the best bang for the buck right now at this price point.

This is NOT a black friday only deal, this has been going on all week.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...rt-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6363878.p?skuId=6363878

Yup, not a high tier Samsung, nor does it advertise as being one.

But it is $549 at BB and it's a 70 inch.

Only has 2 HDMI ports(that's what a splitter is for).

If you're skeptical about going cheal with an offbrand at this price, at least you know you're getting a decent brand for such a massive TV.

I bought one yesterday for the second living room and it looks pretty good.

IMO, this is by far the best bang for the buck right now at this price point.

This is NOT a black friday only deal, this has been going on all week.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...rt-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6363878.p?skuId=6363878
From what understand this is not better then those cheap off brand TVs. It is a BF only special sku and is probably the bottom of the barrel panel. Bit most people don't care and think size equals quality TV.

Only 2 HDMI ports are an issue? I only use one that comes from my audio receiver. Are people really using the TV's sound these days?

On topic: even bottom of the barrel, a 70" for $550 is a great price.

Lol I usually just hook up some decent soundbar with an optical input.

I need to get a theatre system eventually.

Only 2 HDMI ports are an issue? I only use one that comes from my audio receiver. Are people really using the TV's sound these days?

On topic: even bottom of the barrel, a 70" for $550 is a great price.
Do you really think people that buy these cheap garbage TVs have a AV received? They might have some cheap garbage sound bar at most. I know people who brought OLEDs and use the TV speakers.

Do you really think people that buy these cheap garbage TVs have a AV received? They might have some cheap garbage sound bar at most.

Good point I guess. I used the optical out for my TV for the smart capabilities before I grabbed my xbox one, but now I use just a single HDMI.

Hard to find new tv's with ARC.

Do you really think people that buy these cheap garbage TVs have a AV received? They might have some cheap garbage sound bar at most. I know people who brought OLEDs and use the TV speakers.

Hey man, I think it's great that you get a hard on by looking at your tv for hours on end just for the picture quality alone and not the content itself that's on the screen.

Not everybody gets their jollies off of buying $2k to 3k T.Vs either. And if they do, wonderful! But this TV isn't for that.

There are plenty of reasons for buying a low budget TV. For one, because it just doesn't matter enough or justify the difference in cost to people.

You can take your "I'm superior" mindset and get the hell out of the thread if all you're going to do is troll with absolute unnecessary down talking.

Last edited:
Hey man, I think it's great that you get a hard on by looking at your tv for hours on end just for the picture quality alone and not the content itself that's on the screen.

Not everybody gets their jollies off of buying $2k to 3k T.Vs either. And if they do, wonderful! But this TV isn't for that.

There are plenty of reasons for buying a low budget TV. For one, because it just doesn't matter enough or justify the difference in cost to people.

You can take your "I'm superior" mindset and get the hell out of the thread if all you're going to do is troll with absolute unnecessary down talking.
It wasn't a superior mind set. It just the truth. If people are happy with it then that is fine. The point I made is those are the same who wouldn't invest into a good sound system. The thing that annoys me is how this companies prey on people ignorance. Claiming these are great TVs they getting for hell of a deal. When in reality they are garbage.

Last edited:
From what understand this is not better then those cheap off brand TVs. It is a BF only special sku and is probably the bottom of the barrel panel. Bit most people don't care and think size equals quality TV.

If it's even made by Samsung.

I remember BB had a BF deal on a 50" Sharp a few years back that wasn't even made by Sharp.

Second. Rather get the 70inch Vizio 2019 M model for 699$ at costco

Two years ago I paid $599 on black friday for a 55" samsung. Was a perfectly fine tv, HDR was crappy, too dim. But I bet for 85% of people out there it is a totally fine tv, just like this one would be.

I’ve got a $1000 75” 4K no name Black Friday TV from 2 years ago. Doesn’t have HDR. Does have light bleed. It’s our main TV and is probably on 6 hours a day, every day. Got it connected to a high end Denon receiver with Martin Logan electrostatics (not Motion series). People do all kinds of crazy stuff based on budget and priorities (and the weird way those 2 cross paths). Save $5 here, so you can spend it over there.

Do these giant cheap TV's have better picture quality than an old 1080p Panasonic Plasma? Have a 50" from 5-6 years ago that is nice but the glare is terrribleeee.

Do these giant cheap TV's have better picture quality than an old 1080p Panasonic Plasma? Have a 50" from 5-6 years ago that is nice but the glare is terrribleeee.
I went from a 50" panasonic to a 55" sammy. In some ways it was a down grade in PQ, but lack of heat, much lighter in weight, tiny bezel, internal apps all sold me.

Oh, because there are so many people out there with AV receivers and actual speakers buying bottom of the barrel "budget TVs"...

/sarcasm

Vegeta was just pointing out the fact that 99.9% of people who buy this TV probably don't own any sort of audio setup or AV receiver, and need all the HDMI ports they can get. He's not being superior, he's being realistic. If anything, he's agreeing with your original post where you mention that this TV has 'only' 2 HDMI inputs in a negative context. My initial thought was "LOL WHO NEEDS MORE THAN ONE HDMI INPUT?!?" but to his point, that's probably a big deal to anyone who could somehow justify buying this TV.

I've been looking at 75" TVs the last couple of weeks and considered this Samsung 70". After reading reviews of other Samsungs, more expensive, it kind of scared me off. There seems to be a lot of problems with Samsungs. If I get something, it will probably be the 75" Hisense Best Buy has had on sale for $700.

Back