7+ G Overclock on Main Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know man the person in question has a rep to protect around xtreme....I doubt he would blow it for some BS. Give it time.

But how come he stripped off the EXIF Data?

That only happens in Photoshop or when you edit the image.

Of course I expect him to edit the image if it's a 8mb image file or such. Too much for Download.

Just that the image has lots of photoshop work done on it or pixalazation (sp) in it that it's hard to tell.

Of course could be just crappy camera too. Really really old one. Even my Old Toshibs that is 5 years old has EXIFF data in it's images.

DM

Well obviously it was brought into post to add the url and to resize. And as you, Dataman, said, that strips an image of its EXIF data. What's the beef?

Fugger has a reputation that he would not jeopardize. Not only is he highly respected through the entire overclocking community, but he is also sponsored by many hardware manufacturers. He wouldn't fake an overclock.

Even he admits it's not anything but a BIOS screen shot. Not Windows Stable is what I got. But it's quite easy to keep the data and resize too.

Plenty of people with Reps have lost them over time.

Can you think of any? (Not Overclockers)

"I did not have sex with that Woman"
"I am not a Crook"
"We have 99.9% of the People of Iraq free to Vote"
"Oil for food is a good thing for the People of Iraq"

Lets not forgot a Famous Site with the name "****** Hardware".

with many many more available that what I cannot remember at 5am.

I would email the person, but I am not a member of that board and saw it here 1st. I am waiting on a user to be approved and will bring it up in that forum.

As a Photographer the picture leaves a lot of questions without answers.

DM

Thatonen00b said:
witch hunt much?

Well said. I'm a member of XS and Fugger is extremely well respected. He holds several other world records. I don't know what your beef is Dataman, the image was obviously resized and had a logo added to it, which would strip the EXIF data. You need to relax, Fugger pulls off insane overclocks like this all the time.

Maybe he wants to protect his privacy and stripped it to hide his full name.

Just I don't take the picture as Proof at all.

Too easily faked.

Do you really really know this person?

Been over had a few beers? So on. I doubt it.

Is there anyway this cannot be faked? Some program you cannot fake out?

3D Marks? (I know it tests Video Card, but it does also report the true CPU Speed)

Since this is taken has Proof by a few web sites, I guess WMD is in Iraq still?

Come on use the Big Computer on Top and go back and take a good look at it.

Can you fake it? Yes. Is it. Most likely NO! Even the Author admitted it was not stable. A Fake would say it was and go beyond a BIOS screen (I hope so).

But really I hope everyone does not believe everything on the Web, TV, Newspapers, Books is always the Truth!

I was hoping there is a way to prove it's true or false beyond taking sides and such. Calling it a "Witch Hunt" is playing games like we did as Children.

I just would like to see Proof before the Congrats roll in. A image in the 21th Century is not proof.

Now how to get Proof?

Suggestions

DM

Dataman said:
I just would like to see Proof before the Congrats roll in. A image in the 21th Century is not proof.

Now how to get Proof?

Suggestions

DM

he has a much bigger and more positive rep in the scene then you do. people have met him personally and worked him. youre just another schmuck on a forum.

fugger > you

(just so your panties dont get in a wad, im the same as you)

fugger > me

How True. Ha ha ha. No wad. He does have 3D Marks Link for the 4+ OC. I was impressed. I assume he will do 6 if it's stable. Still strange no CPU Results in 3D Marks? Guess he left that out to get it to run? Anyway not good results (drivers etc) 3D marks said or something like that.

Hopefully he does not burn it up doing all that OC. His money too.

Take care got to get busy to leave.

Hopefully got a few of them thinking. That is the whole point. CPU Overclocking in the big picture is nothing. It does not affect me, you. It may point to future CPU's.

Of course Windows Longhorn will just eat the cycles up along with Doom4 or whatever and it will be still too Darn Slow.

DM

fugger > you

(just so your panties dont get in a wad, im the same as you)

fugger > me[/QUOTE]

dataman, fugger rocks your face with his hard overclocks, as with anything on the internet, take whatever you see with a grain of salt, and call the doctor first thing in the morning. I'm kinda 50/50 on that pic, he only showed 1 pic, and if we seen pics of the rig is was done on with all the cooling in place, it would be much more [H]ard.

Peach said:
dataman, fugger rocks your face with his hard overclocks, as with anything on the internet, take whatever you see with a grain of salt, and call the doctor first thing in the morning. I'm kinda 50/50 on that pic, he only showed 1 pic, and if we seen pics of the rig is was done on with all the cooling in place, it would be much more [H]ard.

I feel the same way you do right now

BTW: check your PMs!

Fugger has already proven himself a bunch of times, he doesn't need to fake ss's. ;) It's possible that OC could be on display at ATI's ultimate LAN too. Imagine everyone drooling over a BIOS ;)

I bet if fugger was unbanned from here he would respond. :rolleyes:

From the xs thread:
attachment.php

Dataman said:
Just I don't take the picture as Proof at all.

Too easily faked.

DM

Shutup, He said it wasnt stable in windows, how do you expect him to run 3dmark, OMFG CONSPIRACY.

lol... of course it's real.
He's hammering on it now as I type.... ripped off a near 6gHz superpi earlier today @ 23s.
He's the REAL thing... it just SEEMS super-Xtreme but they do sh*t like that everyday over there!

Spectre said:
Things change.

That's for sure. They are going to send me PC4200 Platinum since the PC4200 Performance doesnt run at it's specified speed on my A64, even though its meant for Intel systems. They dont have to at all, since I'm the idiot that got Intel optimized RAM. I guess their justification is that PC4200 Performance is discontinued.

So yeah, I own the RAM that Fugger uses. And I can get it to 506MHz. Go me.

me thinks that thread starter is jealous cause his AMD chip cant oc that much

no offense to AMD, i'll admit that they pwn intel in games.

regardless though, fugger has a great reputation for creating world records for o/c's. so do me a favor, shut up.

rayman2k2 said:
me thinks that thread starter is jealous cause his AMD chip cant oc that much

I like that!

No just want real proof not a Image. I have been Photographer for 20+ years and seen a lot of Photoshop Work. Some lately fooled me into think it was real. Seems it was Model Planes (3 of them) sky from another pic and all put together to look like British Planes of Fame flyover. Since then I don't trust pics is all.

I have a Nice AMD 3500+. I don't overclock except to see what it can do. 2.45 and after that it does a nice imitation of a door stop. Since I don't need anything faster than 300mhz for what I do most of the time (shame hugh). I run default.

I also have P4 3.2 NW. Or wife has it I guess. It does 3.2. She was happy on 486 before games. Need I say more.....

Last OCZ I had went bad and they replaced it within days. I was impressed.

I saw the Froggers (sp) 3DMarks results (Link in his msg of overclock). Even that did not have CPU results. I found that strange. Why I don't know? I did not that that even possible to do the test and post the results.

Make sure everyone gets your VD Gifts! Safeway was overclocked with guys buying Roses this AM!

DM

I suspect this is more about his candidate loosing an election than whether a highly respected community member is faking an overclock. Dude relax ....... life is too short and would be shorter if your guy got in :eek:

Yeah, supposively it was something like 7.2 ghz bios stable, 6.4 GHZ windows stable, but he only ran benchmarks on 5.9 =/

When fugger does it, it is real, when fugger says it, shut up and listen. Who the hell are you to question him anyway? I don't remember your name from anywhere. Noobs.

WZ

WeldZilla said:
When fugger does it, it is real, when fugger says it, shut up and listen. Who the hell are you to question him anyway? I don't remember your name from anywhere. Noobs.

WZ

calm-down.gif

Dont hate, congratulate!!! it's real. You would have to know fugger's cooling system. Also i've never seen a link about xtreme from Hardocp in a very long time. I use to live here, then i outgrew, or Grewup one.

Fuggers overclocks have always been amazing sign up @ xtreme, I'll welcome every one of you.

I guess 7 GHz is amazing, and I know Xtremesystems people don't care much for stability, but I can't see what the big deal is about a processor that isn't stable enough to get into windows. It's a bios shot. I'm going to start telling people my max O/C is what I can get into the bios at.
I know that he needs a clockgen, I read the xtremesystems thread.

Jonsey said:
I guess 7 GHz is amazing, and I know Xtremesystems people don't care much for stability, but I can't see what the big deal is about a processor that isn't stable enough to get into windows. It's a bios shot. I'm going to start telling people my max O/C is what I can get into the bios at.
I know that he needs a clockgen, I read the xtremesystems thread.

I agree with you to a point. Unless your chip is Prime95 stable for 24-48 hours, it's useless for anything other then screenshots and bragging rights.

EnderW said:
I agree with you to a point. Unless your chip is Prime95 stable for 24-48 hours, it's useless for anything other then screenshots and bragging rights.

I don't know about prime stable for 24 hours. I've never tested my machine with prime 95 for more than overnight. There's different levels of stablity for different purposes. There's server stability at one end, and screenshot stability at the other. Each serves it's own purpose. For the 3Dmark benchers, all they need is stability to run through the benchmark once. Guys that are looking for a max screenshot have to have enough stability to open paint and paste their image in. I just don't see what purpose an overclock that only goes into the bios serves. The computer isn't even functional enough to create a screenshot.

Jonsey said:
I don't know about prime stable for 24 hours. I've never tested my machine with prime 95 for more than overnight. There's different levels of stablity for different purposes. There's server stability at one end, and screenshot stability at the other. Each serves it's own purpose. For the 3Dmark benchers, all they need is stability to run through the benchmark once. Guys that are looking for a max screenshot have to have enough stability to open paint and paste their image in. I just don't see what purpose an overclock that only goes into the bios serves. The computer isn't even functional enough to create a screenshot.
If your computer isn't Prime95 stable, it means it can't do basic math. For me, that means it's useless.

You know, i woke up this morning and wasen't feeling right. So i went to the bathroom and low and behold i had to take a shit. this was quite possibly the nastiest shit ever. and when i finished wiping my ass, I stood up and looked at the mostrosity that i had let loose on the toledo area sewer system. and wouldnt you know it, the shit just happened to look like

THIS THREAD

seriously, find something else to bitch about i almost choked on my cheerios when i looked at your reasoning for attempting to kill this man's integrity. how dare you attack someone's word without legitimate proof. without your word dataman you're shit in my toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back