7 deg C Temp Drop in watercooling!, My Secret weapon!

With a bong you're dealing with water droplets coming out of a showerhead, the airflow through them causes heat to be released into the air from the water in the form of evaporation. If you blew air through a mist, the tiny droplets would simply be blown straight out of the bong and you'd end up with no water. Granted that a bong goes dry in time but normally the capacity is such that it will run a couple of days before needing to be topped off.

nst6563 said:
ok...well then how about something of a modified zalman reserator type of contraption?
that might work. that was the kind of arrangement that i was trying to describe. good thought on maybe using existing equipment.

nst6563 said:
Also...I'll admit I don't know much about wc setups...but does a normal bong setup have the capacity to cool below room temp? That's the impression I got from your post.
yes, a waterbong has the possibility of cooling your computer down below ambient temperatures, depending on the relative humidity.

nst6563 said:
I don't quite see the difference between a bong setup and a mist setup where the condensate falls back to the bottom. If the difference is a fan...then just add one?
the difference is the added step of the mist re-condensing onto a room-temperature surface, before returning to circulation. it a bong, the warmest water molecules are picked up and carried away by the moving air, never to return, and the remaining, cooler, water gets pumped through the loop again.

the fan thing is dealt with by madmat.

cool. Thanks for the explanation ;)

someday if I ever get into watercooling info like this will come in useful

nst6563 said:
If you're going to do something like that, then why not make a resevoir that utilizes it. Since the heat in mist will dissipate faster than in a body of water it should make your wc loop that much more effective. Kinda like those "bong resevoirs" where they rain the water down to the bottom from the top...only you'd be misting it from the bottom up and the condensate would fall back down.

it'd be an interesting experiment...but since I don't have a wc setup I'll let someone else tear the idea apart :p
:D

This is Bong Cooling; Without the Fungus! :D

You cool the air that goes through the Rad down to below ambiant. With Efficient water cooling; sub-ambiant temps are possibe.

7C temp drops are worth it, no matter what your final temp is,
:)

I have started building a sepertate enclosure for my Rad. with a mist maker and cistern in their own tub.
Will put up a project log once the enclosure plate is bent and the pics start making sence to everyone.

Pics
:)

Back