7 Days to die -Any one play?

"occasional bug" is a pretty large understatement from a server hosts side of the view :p

My buddy and I host a 32 slot server with custom zombies and stuff, much harder than the vanilla game. Still gets easy over time though. Not a bad game to kill a few hours on, I have over 1500 or so in it, but play a lot less than I used to, kinda tired of it. Now I only get on to build for a few minutes or deal with bugs and issues affecting players on the server.

It's probably the only game that runs like dog shit that I still put 200+ hours into.

I liked it more a few builds back... seems the dev want you to play one way and keep killing other ways to play with each new build....you have to build a cookie cutter base now ect...can't hide underground... homing exploding zombies ect. The worst is how each poi is like a horror story ...do we really need them coming though walls and hiding in cellings in every house?

I liked it more a few builds back... seems the dev want you to play one way and keep killing other ways to play with each new build....you have to build a cookie cutter base now ect...can't hide underground... homing exploding zombies ect. The worst is how each poi is like a horror story ...do we really need them coming though walls and hiding in cellings in every house?

That has been my complaint since they started changing things about 4 versions back. They did the massive first overhaul in I think A16, and thats when they started making it so you can only do thnigs how they want you to if you dont want to have a terrible time of things. Its really frustrating, because I like the game, but I feel that at this point its lost a lot of the freedom, has more gimmicks and tricks, and is becoming less stable by the update. This latest update the goddamn *beds* stop working randomly, and its been that way since the start of A19, and they still havent fixed it. But they added support for SteelSeries lighting app and stuff! Thats useful!!! Yeah!!!

The worst part about the changes is they originally claimed "It was impossible to level up in more than one way, so we're changing it to enable more varied play styles!". Yeah, no.

I think Rust with Zombies is a perfect description for it, never heard that one before :p It also doesnt look as pretty as Rust lol
Yeah, the way outdated graphics is what kept me from pulling the trigger. Don't want to see that blow up on a 48" desktop monitor.

I enjoy the Voxel aspect of it which (correct me if I am wrong) I don't believe games like rust have. Sure, Mine craft with....other zombies =).

I can definitely tell that the 7 days to die development team are trying to take it a certain direction. However, I am glad that they seemed motivated and it hopefully won't hit the gaming grave yard soon. I am hoping they will engage their player base and make some significant changes in the future.

Good times though with friends. Nothing like a horde of zombies breaching your lower level access and a panicking team mate (myself) chucking several sticks of dynamite down the hole to cut off the upper access point .....We always needed an Olympic sized swimming pool down there any way. :LOL:

Is anybody still playing this game? We have a private server if anyone's interested in playing with us.
We got one because joining a public server is awful. You just get murdered with no chance to do anything. It's one of the reasons I never liked public servers. We like being in control of our game, and that's why we rent a private server for this game. Dedicated servers aren't even expensive now, you can get one for only $6 on 7d2d.net.

Last edited:
Back