7" - 8" Tablet suggestion

daphatgrant

Fi-yah!
Staff member
I got my girlfriend a Kindle Fire HD 7" about 3 years ago and she's hinted at wanting a newer device. Do you guys have any advice for a smaller tablet? I'd prefer android based only because I know that OS well. I'm considering a 7" Tab 4.

Might help to say what she uses it for. But I think the 2013 Nexus 7 is still a but better buy at around the same price of the Tab 4 considering it beats the Tab 4 in overall specs and is running the latest version of Android (though I doubt it will see any more major updates at this point since it's over 2 years old now). It has been seen going on sale for $100 on some sites here recently.

Or if you can spend a bit more, the Shield Tab K1 is pretty much the best value for the specs and price at $200. I have one and it has been pretty sweet. Only slight con to it is battery life isn't the best compared to most other tabs, but it's not bad either. It still lasts me a couple days with moderate use.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
dell Venue 8 Pro 5000 series if she wants a small light x86 tablet that can run Windows 10 easily

I got my girlfriend a Kindle Fire HD 7" about 3 years ago and she's hinted at wanting a newer device. Do you guys have any advice for a smaller tablet? I'd prefer android based only because I know that OS well. I'm considering a 7" Tab 4.

You may know android well, but she has been using a Kindle for 3 years. What does SHE want?

If she is into the Amazon infrastructure, I'd just get her a new Kindle HDX of the appropriate size.

If she was your girlfriend 3 years ago and she's still your girlfriend today, I'm guessing she wants a ring a lot more than a new tablet. :p

That being said, if you're looking to do a serious upgrade, check the Samsung Tab S2. I just replaced my Nexus 7 2013 with an 8" Tab S2 and am very pleased, especially with the amazing AMOLED screen. If she likes watching Netflix, Amazon, etc. she'll love the S2. It might even make her forget about a ring... for a while. ;)

Back