7.2" LCD 117 shipped

That is what I was thinking. Carputer with that MS Trips and Street with the USB GPS Locator.....

I was thinking that too, its got dual inputs too and a remote. I thought it was cool, ill need to talk to the finance manager (wife) tonight to get approval to buy it. LOL :)

I'm looking for full specs at the moment (video/audio input types and stuff), but it looks like it would be a perfect monitor for my linux router assuming it would be easy to tell the machine to use that aspect ratio...

Found it for $99 here, haven't looked at shipping though, and I've never heard of the vendor: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/csexpo/pdinphdi7lcd.html. Edit: No "add to cart" link. Oh well.

Would be nice for a carcomputer but... vga only. I wouldn't reccomend this for a linux router either, it would be illegible.

Great deal and 16x9 to boot, but yea, definitely comb ebay with a fine tooth comb as prices have been dropping lately and ebay has tons of them.

The current crop of mini lcd's are tempting

Your text will look like crap. The native res would be ~640x480. If your looking for value, get a Lilliput 700tsv. You get the usb touchscreen and 800x480(odd res i know). If your seriously considering building check out mp3car .

Um these are composit only. Odds are you couldnt read any words reguardless of rez. Hell these arent even svideo. Vga rez doesnt mean vga output if you dont have a vga in. These will look like crap compaired to the sony lcds that people vga mod.

PURE JUNK! DO NOT BUY!

These are STN screens and not TFT. Think of them as an early 1980's laptop screen. You can't see them in sunlight, at ANY angle, or read text due to the low resolution. They have horrible contrast, brightness, and ghosting.

Great for using your imagination to figure out what is on the screen...in a dark room...staring directly at the screen 3" away.

Deus said:
PURE JUNK! DO NOT BUY!

These are STN screens and not TFT. Think of them as an early 1980's laptop screen. You can't see them in sunlight, at ANY angle, or read text due to the low resolution. They have horrible contrast, brightness, and ghosting.

Great for using your imagination to figure out what is on the screen...in a dark room...staring directly at the screen 3" away.
These are dual scans from the 486 days? I didnt think they even made them anymore.

Back