7.1 surround sound suggestions.

Edgar

2[H]4U
Hello,
just got the green light from the wifey to start piecing this out. Our new house should be finished early march. I already have prewired for 7.1. Thing is all the speakers are ceiling pre-wired. I was wanting floor standing speakers for the fronts. But the ceiling is already prewired not sure what to do there. Would like suggestions on which speakers to purchase and receiver. Here is the receiver I might buy tomorrow since it is on sale. Still figuring out what speakers to purchase and if I should go floor standing speakers or not. Budget is around $2k

Receiver:
http://www.frys.com/product/8874162?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Thanks for any suggestions. Also going to make a thread for TV suggestions. Below is a blueprint of of the layout of the prewires:
image1.PNG

That receiver is setup for atmos. I would definitely go the atmos route as its a nice feature and offers great sound.

Have you tried any brands that you really like yet?

Did you buy that receiver? If so, how much? Would like to know what you have left for speakers.

what I would do with that receiver, since its atmos, is use the ceiling speakers for the atmos part and then run new wire to your floor speakers. either get it in-wall(very easy/cheap) or run it under the baseboards. if the house isn't finished it would be easy to do now. re: speakers, sorry no idea there. ive had the same mixed setup for 15+ years but obviously get all matched/one brand for a new setup like this.

I got the receiver. Bought Klipsch R-26F's for left and right. Klipsch 10SW sub. Klipsch RC-62 II for center. And 4 Klipsch KHC-6 for ceiling surrounds. My center speaker doesn't technically timbre match with my left and right. Will it make that much of a difference?

idk those personally but I cant image it'd make that much of a diff. and youd probably have to swap them in/out to hear it. like I said my setup is a mix, I have matching surrounds, sub and center but totally different brand/size fronts. theyre all Canadian no-names really but decent.

Back