6x 1080 Founders cards listed as coming soon on Newegg

NCIXUS actually has a couple under the $700 price. The warehouse shows stock on them so it would be a few days prior to them actually shipping. This is how NCIXUS works unfortunately.

Apparently these are on Best Buy's website only? Not in stores?

Stupid. Oh well. Their loss, probably my gain since I'll just wait for aftermarket coolers now.

Apparently these are on Best Buy's website only? Not in stores?

Stupid. Oh well. Their loss, probably my gain since I'll just wait for aftermarket coolers now.
BB Never carries high end computer components in store.

Gotcha, there is NO WAY I will buy a reference x80 at 700.
The $700 is just the Early Adopter cards ($100 premium to be the first owners aka Founder Edition) The actual 1080 price point is supposed to be $599. Somehow I don't ever see them being $599 for quite some time EA cards or not.

While the canadian dollar is in the toilet -- look at it this way... you get shafted on computer parts - but you guys can go to the doctor anytime/anywhere and not wind up having to dig into savings accounts or take out a home equity loan to pay medical bills. Give and take... if a hobo attacks your face with an axe... you can get it taken care of quick and cheap :) Not so here in the US.

Yeah here in the US we dont even have doctors. Literally everyone just dies right where they are.

Bunch of FE cards available for pre-order this AM on b&h, amazon.
Funny someone at Newegg is sleeping. Still no check box to select 1080 cards and they don't come up in a search either. Not that I give a damn. No way in fuck sake I'm paying $700 for a $600 card and I won't even pay $600 for one. I'll wait until the fad passes and they start having sales/rebates on them.

I was willing to pay $650 today for a decent 2 fan model today. I have a feeling that the only one near $599 will be the GALAX clown version. Why would companies charge less for a better product than the FE, esp when its selling out so fast?

Guess ill be keeping my $500 980ti FTW.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I was willing to pay $650 today for a decent 2 fan model today. I have a feeling that the only one near $599 will be the GALAX clown version. Why would companies charge less for a better product than the FE, esp when its selling out so fast?

Apprently you may not understand what happens when supply catches up with demand.

There are never 2 fan model cards at release for either side unless that is how they design the ref cards. It's always been this way.

Apprently you may not understand what happens when supply catches up with demand.

"apprently" i do. people want it, people will buy it at the high price, whats not to get? I'm saying I do not blame them, but that I was ready to buy at that level.

Of course months into the product prices may fall, but thats beside the point

edit: well, guess im wrong. This seems like what I'm looking for. June 4th $620 3 fan model

This is the ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 1080—Pascal on another level

Last edited:
"apprently" i do. people want it, people will buy it at the high price, whats not to get? I'm saying I do not blame them, but that I was ready to buy at that level.

Of course months into the product prices may fall, but thats beside the point
I believe what he was referring to is when supply catches up and they are no longer selling out left and right that's when prices start to drop.

Someone posted a link on the instock page for EVGA @ Newegg and it directly adds the card to your cart.

I don't know why they have it done this way. They should show up when you go through the paces [All products/components/video cards and video devices/desktop graphics cards] then it should be a selection on the left just like any other product they sell. It was working early last night this way. Why they would change it who knows. I guess to steer stock orders down to try and keep product. If you do a straight search for GTX 1080 you get Showing 1-30 of 797 Products yet the first product is a 980ti. Makes no damn sense what Newegg's plan is with this logic. LOL

And ... out of stock, everywhere but scalpers on ebay. No surprise there.
I like the SRIX 970s I currently am running, so I may go for the ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080.
GPU-controlled four-pin fan headers for running system fans sounds like a good idea ... better than some silly LEDs.

Um news flash:
Game your way: Aura RGB Lighting and VR-friendly HDMI ports
ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 includes ASUS Aura RGB Lighting on both the shroud and backplate. This stunning illumination technology is capable of displaying millions of colors and six different effects for a totally personalized gaming system. ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 also has a VR-friendly design with two HDMI ports that let gamers connect a VR device and display at the same time, so they can enjoy immersive virtual reality experiences anytime without having to swap cables.
ASUS-GeForce-GTX-1080-1070-DirectCU-IV.gif

Oh well better keep looking then. LOL ;)

I know Asus voltage locked my 7970s at the time, DirectCU II. Kinda a bummer. I'd watchout for that.

ANNNNDDD it's on Massdrop Yes lets get on a drop together to wait forever and not get it any cheaper. Hip Hip Hurray. Hip Hip Hurray. WTF is the point? LOL

LMFAO at the hard up douchebags paying these prices I mean people are so stupid you could list one for 2k and it will sell.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah one or two retailers drop price, then everyone buys just there and it sells out instantly, for another week or so, rinse and repeat for the next month or two... same old shit.

Edit: the Ebay pricing you guys are bitching about is in many cases the retail price in New Zealand.. you got it lucky. Next big launch I'm importing some cards from stateside, they'll pay for the flight and some if I buy enough! They gouge here so bad and so predictably.

I just bought one on newegg at 6:30PM EST.They are in stock best of all got it cheap.Sold a 980TI a couple weeks ago for 565USD so the 1080 price was not that bad for me.

Yeah one or two retailers drop price, then everyone buys just there and it sells out instantly, for another week or so, rinse and repeat for the next month or two... same old shit.

Edit: the Ebay pricing you guys are bitching about is in many cases the retail price in New Zealand.. you got it lucky. Next big launch I'm importing some cards from stateside, they'll pay for the flight and some if I buy enough! They gouge here so bad and so predictably.

I'll be interested to see how you get on. I usually only buy from Computer Lounge and Playtech.

I'll be interested to see how you get on. I usually only buy from Computer Lounge and Playtech.

Good stores. Been almost only going to CL since a64 launch era. At this rate planning to be over state side in August and a container back 2-3 months after that. Could potentially bring a gpu or two back with me in a 'personal rig'.. if not a few in the container. Will keep you posted! Hoping to have another one sent down around Vega launch..

In my locality, MSI's Gaming X 1080 is on sale.

Translating to US, the card is around $650, similar to 980ti's release price. Its advertised boost clock is 1847MHz, as opposed to 1733MHz for FE.

BB Never carries high end computer components in store.
My local BB had 2 NVIDIA 970s, 3 EVGA 970s, 1 NVIDIA 980 Ti, and 2 NVIDIA 1080s on the shelf when I went there to buy a new mouse on Saturday.

Back