6th ave Name Your Own Price is back

id really like to know what people got for what price, i mean i know you are not going to get stuff for free right?

They don't carry the LCD panel I'm in the market for (Panasonic TC-L37G1) or I would relate my own experience with them. I agree tho, hope others post bids, counters, and accepts.

Yeah, I submitted a few requests. Obviously I made some low ball offers, but I'm not out anything for trying.

id really like to know what people got for what price, i mean i know you are not going to get stuff for free right?

There is a list on slickdeals from the last few times this has been live.

Overall some of the deals are very nice but a lot are roughly equal to normal sale prices.

I got the heads up from Slickdeals but didn't know if it was cool to link to that discussion or not. The conversation there is definitely worth reading tho.

I don't know much about this deal, but my guess is that you'd be more likely to get a better discount the more you buy, like a package deal type thing.

"i'll buy that for a dollar!"
Submitted a few offers. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
I tried $699 for Panasonic TH-42PZ80U 42" 1080p Plasma HDTV which is listed at $999. It was of course, rejected.

What I noticed when submitting bids the last time around was to submit multiple bids from different email address and go with your best accepted offer. If something is too low but near their range, they will come back with a counteroffer. I submitted one really low ball [50% off], one somewhat low [25-35% off], and one at around a normal discounted rate [10-15%]. The low ball was always denied, the normal discount was usually accepted, and the 25% one was also accept, sometimes at $10 higher than I submitted for. Overall, some good deals can be had if the item has a high enough margin.

careful with 6th ave.... in my area the b&m 6th ave. are notorious for bait & switch. these guys are rather shady.

Your request for 1 Shure SE210-K Sound Isolating Earphones - Black for $70.00 each has been Declined.

Your request for 1 Shure SE115 Sound Isolating Earphones - Black for $40.00 each has been Declined.

Your request for 1 HP Mini 1150NR Mobile Broadband Edition 10.1" Netbook - Black for $200.00 each has been Declined.

Your request for 1 Denon AVR-1709 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver for $80.00 each has been Declined.

I seriously lowballed everything, they never even gave me a chance to counter offer.

I seriously lowballed everything, they never even gave me a chance to counter offer.

You don't get to counter offer, they give you a counter offer.

They gave me a few counter offers on some TVs, but even though the offer was good, it wasn't exactly hot. I'll hold out for now.

If it helps anyone, as a rule, the cost of Audio is MSRP (or normal selling price in a B&M like BBY) * 0.6
Every speaker I've ever seen was marked up 100%. I don't know how video works. When i sold A/V, cost was MSRP * 0.7.

My guess is that they won't sell most items for less than cost * 1.25
So if MSRP on a Denon receiver is $1000, you'll have to spend at least $750 (1000 * .6 * 1.25)...maybe $800.
However, if MSRP is $1000.00, but nobody sells the product for more than $900, then cost is likely $900.00 * .6 ($540.00).

I think one thing worth remembering is that 6th AVE generally has lower prices than your local stereo shop. Unless you're willing to forgo a warranty, they're tough to beat....so while it may not be much below their normal price, it's still big savings vs local. Still, it's always worth checking onecall too. Call them. They will match, if not beat competitors prices....especially when the competitor is an authorized seller.

If it helps anyone, as a rule, the cost of Audio is MSRP (or normal selling price in a B&M like BBY) * 0.6
Every speaker I've ever seen was marked up 100%. I don't know how video works. When i sold A/V, cost was MSRP * 0.7.

My guess is that they won't sell most items for less than cost * 1.25
So if MSRP on a Denon receiver is $1000, you'll have to spend at least $750 (1000 * .6 * 1.25)...maybe $800.
However, if MSRP is $1000.00, but nobody sells the product for more than $900, then cost is likely $900.00 * .6 ($540.00).

I think one thing worth remembering is that 6th AVE generally has lower prices than your local stereo shop. Unless you're willing to forgo a warranty, they're tough to beat....so while it may not be much below their normal price, it's still big savings vs local. Still, it's always worth checking onecall too. Call them. They will match, if not beat competitors prices....especially when the competitor is an authorized seller.

Thanks very helpful

Congratulations! The following Name Your Price offer(s) have been accepted:

Your request for 1 Panasonic Viera TC-L32C12 32" 720p C12 Series LCD HDTV for $425.00 each has been Accepted

Was considering the Samsung 40" LN40B550. Looking at models around that range I had the Sony Bravia KDL-40S5100 or possibly an Aquos. Was leaning towards the Samsung, just hesistant if I could do better around that price. Mostly going to use it for movies and gaming.

Not all of us have the need for $1500+ models. I could live with a 60hz one for now. What do you suggest is something better around those models then dandragonrage?

The Samsung 550 series is very good. Great picture quality, and when I bought my A550 it was the best around that price range. Beat out all the other TVs I compared it to.

I liked the feature set as well, I dont really care for 120hz.

Not all of us have the need for $1500+ models. I could live with a 60hz one for now. What do you suggest is something better around those models then dandragonrage?

I just got a 40W5100 for $800 at my local Sony store. Actually, it was a Sony outlet, but it was new product. W is 2 steps above S, and it's a significant difference.

Last edited:
That's the thing, I heard good things about the 550 series. Granted the panels used on the 60hz aren't as good as the 'samsung' panels on the 120hz models, but still great overall sets.

How do you like the 40W5100 dandragonrage? If it outshines the the Samsung without a doubt, I'd sure go for that instead.

This is such a genius idea. Basically, if gives the seller extremely valuable info, what you are willing to pay, without obligating themselves to anything.

How do you like the 40W5100 dandragonrage? If it outshines the the Samsung without a doubt, I'd sure go for that instead.

It's not my main TV, but I think it's good. I didn't even look at Samsungs this time around so I can't tell you how it compares to the B550, but I can tell you the W5100 is good and gets good reviews.

It's not my main TV, but I think it's good. I didn't even look at Samsungs this time around so I can't tell you how it compares to the B550, but I can tell you the W5100 is good and gets good reviews.

I'll read up on it to get some more information if comparable to the Samsung. Thanks for the advice and input. :)

Worked for me...Denon AVR-1610 surround receiver for $325 shipped.:cool:

edit- my first lowball of $285 was rejected though

That's the thing, I heard good things about the 550 series. Granted the panels used on the 60hz aren't as good as the 'samsung' panels on the 120hz models, but still great overall sets.

I beg to differ, I had a 37" 550 series and hated it! SD looks like complete shit, the blacks were annoyingly gray, and the blur was ridiculous.

Man you guys not making my decision any easier. But then again you don't get an HDTV for SD content. What did you get that was better CaptainMorgan89? I need to go hit up the stores and see some of these models, but by the time I get to do so, this 6th deal is worthless.

Back