6GB 1600MHz OCZ DDR3 for $40 AR Shipped

SirKronan

Supreme [H]ardness
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
For $40...you're right...can't beat that (if you can live with a $60 rebate). I haven't had a OCZ rebate fail me either.

Price is up to $117.20 on Amazon, still for $57.20 that's an amazing deal.

For $40...you're right...can't beat that (if you can live with a $60 rebate). I haven't had a OCZ rebate fail me either.

Now remember that you have only 21 days to send in an OCZ rebate. Amazon estimates that my RAM isn't going to be shipped until the 13th of April!! I've never known Amazon to be that slow. I will contact OCZ and likely forward them a copy of the invoice if my item doesn't ship with in the next few days. They've worked with me before on issues like this and always taken care of me, as have Corsair and Asus. (EVGA, on the other hand .... pfffftt... )

I think we'll be fine. Forums like this let everybody know when OCZ starts screwing people out of rebates, so they'll go the extra mile to avoid that. Enough people respect this site and come here for deals that it could actually affect their business if they started pissing a lot of people off here. Power to the people!! :D

Price is up to $117.20 on Amazon, still for $57.20 that's an amazing deal.

NO NO NO!!!

You have to click on the other buying options. The posted link on the page is from AntOnline or something like that. You want to buy this directly from Amazon. It's not linked on the main page!!!

NO NO NO!!!

You have to click on the other buying options. The posted link on the page is from AntOnline or something like that. You want to buy this directly from Amazon. It's not linked on the main page!!!

I was just about to say...

Amazon's system fooled me once before.

I was just about to say...

Amazon's system fooled me once before.

Yeah. I don't have my motherboard or my processor either, but 1600MHz CAS 8, 6GB for $40?? That's sick and wrong. I know prices are dropping, but not like that. This is a crazy phat deal. I wouldn't even believe it if it wasn't for the fact that $60 of it is MIR. I know OCZ honors rebates and that $99 is a perfectly normal price for this set up front (same at Neweggmeister...) So I'm extremely hopeful about this deal, as long as I get it in time to send in the rebate! ;)

Hopefully noone bought the ram from antonline cause the rebate wont work through them. You have to buy it from Amazon.

NOTE:

I was looking at this deal pretty closely earlier today and at checkout it said estimated delivery date April 15 - April 29th. Look on the rebate form, it says it has to be postmarked within 21 days. If you got it today, it will be a bit more than 21 days, so you will not get your rebate. So, I would suggest you guys not buy it just yet. Wait till April, im sure prices for this ram set will occur again, with the rebates.

capturenwe.jpg

NOTE:

I was looking at this deal pretty closely earlier today and at checkout it said estimated delivery date April 15 - April 29th. Look on the rebate form, it says it has to be postmarked within 21 days. If you got it today, it will be a bit more than 21 days, so you will not get your rebate. So, I would suggest you guys not buy it just yet. Wait till April, im sure prices for this ram set will occur again, with the rebates.

capturenwe.jpg

Read what I posted above.

Just another warnign to those coming into this thread lookign to buy. Even if you do buy it please notice the rebate says you must post mark within 21 days and amazon says ' will ship in 2-5 weeks.... 7 weeks puts you over. Don't let Amazon screw you

True, but you can cancel your order with just a click of the mouse if it hasn't shipped yet. That way, if it's getting too close to the deadline for comfort and it still hasn't shipped, you can just cancel the order and be done with it with no fee's to worry about.

great ram, even for the $179 I paid for it back in december ;). Runs at advertised speeds no problem. $40 is a steal.

Was going to bite. Have vendors really stooped this low? To hold a product until after the MIR expiration sounds more like a scam. MIR's need to just be banished altogether, and just make it an instant rebate.

Was going to bite. Have vendors really stooped this low? To hold a product until after the MIR expiration sounds more like a scam. MIR's need to just be banished altogether, and just make it an instant rebate.

You'll get it. Just contact OCZ. Their forum staff is great! I have been through this before. They gave me an extra WEEK to send in proof. I just emailed them a copy of the Amazon invoice letting them know the delivery date. I will do the same this time, If it doesn't ship out soon.

And I've never had Amazon orders take that long to ship. We'll see what happens! But I'm confident this will work out fine, and if not, believe me. All of you will hear about it, and SO WILL THEY!

oh man, what a trap? people will lose money for this trick. I don't like it at all.

I'm going to wait 5 days. If my ram hasn't shipped by then, I'll contact OCZ and let you guys know what happens. I'm confident I'll get my $60. We'll see who's right when it's all said and done.

I can tell you right now it's going to be me, sitting here eventually with 6GB of RAM and a $60 check. Unless they never ship it. Then, I cancel, and I'm out nothing but a few minutes of my time.

I'm going to wait 5 days. If my ram hasn't shipped by then, I'll contact OCZ and let you guys know what happens. I'm confident I'll get my $60. We'll see who's right when it's all said and done.

I can tell you right now it's going to be me, sitting here eventually with 6GB of RAM and a $60 check. Unless they never ship it. Then, I cancel, and I'm out nothing but a few minutes of my time.

So do you take it up with OCZ forum.....or do you just contact them?

So do you take it up with OCZ forum.....or do you just contact them?

They have a section in the forum dealing with mail in rebates. I posted there (don't give too much personal information) And one of the reps contacted me and gave me an email for their rebate representative at the time. I forwarded her the invoice, and then when I got the RAM I sent in the UPC, paper invoice, and rebate form along with a little note to remind them of the situation. The rebate came a little late, but I sent it in, late too. Bottom line is they took care of me. No problems depositing the $30 check at the bank when I got it. I snagged some fine RAM for $20 back then ...

I expect this to work out much the same, except instead of getting 4GB 800MHz DDR2, I'm getting 6GB 1600MHz DDR3. 5 days, and if it still hasn't shipped, I'll let them know and report back to you guys.

This is obviously an intended sale by both parties as the official OCZ rebate form says specifically "Amazon only." Why would they rip off all Amazon buyers intentionally? The next time people saw "Amazon only" on a rebate deal, they'd just steer clear and get some G.skill for $90 with no rebates necessary.

I don't buy from Amazon with Free S/H anymore unless I can't help it. I ordered a AMD 7750 Kuma CPU w/ Free S/H & it took like a week & a half via USPS, plus it was packaged like crap. I was lucky the CPU was damaged in transit. It's only NewEgg for me even if it costs a couple of dollars more.

You do realize why MIR's are still used right? Many people still don't use MIR for the product so the company is showing a lower rate that they don't have to pay out in some cases, atleast that's my belief.

I'm in no rush, so this is an amazing deal, that can be cancelled anytime if the rebate is close to sketchy. I'm in.

If nothing, you can always refuse the shipment at the end and take no loss except the time.

Thanks OP.

I'm in no rush, so this is an amazing deal, that can be cancelled anytime if the rebate is close to sketchy. I'm in.

If nothing, you can always refuse the shipment at the end and take no loss except the time.

Thanks OP.

Take a screenie of the main page:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ref=pd_luc_mri?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Just for records of their advertised special. Just in case. I'm doing the same thing though. 5 days after purchase I'm going to contact OCZ and see what they say about this situation, unless it ships out. If it ships out in the next few days then I'm 100% good to go. I will definitely keep my friends here posted. By the way, I thought about posting this on SD but wanted you guys to get the first crack at this deal before they all got sold out. It's on SD now, as I figured it would be eventually, but hopefully that helped a few of you get in. I know people here usually aren't just going to buy to resell. Most of you are going to get it and use it in your new i7 rig like me, probably overclocking the crap out of it, maybe even until it starts on fire :D but that's what an enthusiast site is for, eh? I'm still very optimistic about this deal. I called Amazon (or rather had them call me ... weird) and the guy was almost impossible to understand, but he emailed me the rebate form and said if I send it in and don't get it from OCZ, that I can send it in to Amazon and they will pay me. At least I think that's what he said. Again, he was incredibly hard to understand. I wish I knew whatever language he spoke. I speak insanely fluent Spanish, so whenever I get someone with a latin accent that I can't understand, no worries. That's helped me a bundle, as they often answer support and service calls too. But I wish I spoke some of the more native languages from India, as many companies contract out there as well.

Take a screenie of the main page:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ref=pd_luc_mri?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Just for records of their advertised special. Just in case. I'm doing the same thing though. 5 days after purchase I'm going to contact OCZ and see what they say about this situation, unless it ships out. If it ships out in the next few days then I'm 100% good to go. I will definitely keep my friends here posted. By the way, I thought about posting this on SD but wanted you guys to get the first crack at this deal before they all got sold out. It's on SD now, as I figured it would be eventually, but hopefully that helped a few of you get in. I know people here usually aren't just going to buy to resell. Most of you are going to get it and use it in your new i7 rig like me, probably overclocking the crap out of it, maybe even until it starts on fire :D but that's what an enthusiast site is for, eh? I'm still very optimistic about this deal. I called Amazon (or rather had them call me ... weird) and the guy was almost impossible to understand, but he emailed me the rebate form and said if I send it in and don't get it from OCZ, that I can send it in to Amazon and they will pay me. At least I think that's what he said. Again, he was incredibly hard to understand. I wish I knew whatever language he spoke. I speak insanely fluent Spanish, so whenever I get someone with a latin accent that I can't understand, no worries. That's helped me a bundle, as they often answer support and service calls too. But I wish I spoke some of the more native languages from India, as many companies contract out there as well.

Actually, I was just about to post about that. Amazon has always been very helpful with rebates that couldn't be redeemed because of their deficiencies. There have been times where they wouldn't even bother with the paperwork, and would just credit me the difference right then and there. Great customer service all around.

Thanks for posting here first; I didn't see the deal on SD or FW. I knew that this forum was more likely to get great tech deals, but also glad to see the guys around here looking out for the enthusiasts.

How many of you think that since it says will ship in 2-4wks that they are just taking orders and a lot of people wont get them cause they wont have enough in stock? I am sure many have bit on this deal and its still up. I am still contemplating on whether or not to bite on this. Hope they dont pull something like Dell likes to do.

I think they are thinking that they have a shipment coming thats why it says 2-4wks.

Actually, I was just about to post about that. Amazon has always been very helpful with rebates that couldn't be redeemed because of their deficiencies. There have been times where they wouldn't even bother with the paperwork, and would just credit me the difference right then and there. Great customer service all around.

Thanks for posting here first; I didn't see the deal on SD or FW. I knew that this forum was more likely to get great tech deals, but also glad to see the guys around here looking out for the enthusiasts.

We try. :D

And yes, Amazon usually has service nearly on par with Newegg. I've always received everything I've ever ordered from them, unlike Buy.com... don't get me started on them.

How many of you think that since it says will ship in 2-4wks that they are just taking orders and a lot of people wont get them cause they wont have enough in stock? I am sure many have bit on this deal and its still up. I am still contemplating on whether or not to bite on this. Hope they dont pull something like Dell likes to do.

I think they are thinking that they have a shipment coming thats why it says 2-4wks.

If you don't get it you'll simply get your money back. I don't see how we can lose on this. It's not like OCZ nor Amazon to just blatantly cheat people. I do recommend email support for Amazon rather than having them call you, as their reps are a tad difficult to understand over the phone... And I hate the dreaded cancellation email just as much as the next guy, but I'm paying $100 for 6GB of DDR3. That's not an abnormal price for DDR3, so I don't anticipate a cancellation on this one. If you need a set, then this is a good buy after rebate. If you're not ready to go i7 yet, then go ahead and hold off for now.

Heh, that's less than what a quality set of 2x2GB DDR2 sticks cost after rebates... DDR3 prices sure seem to have fallen pretty fast.

If you don't get it you'll simply get your money back. I don't see how we can lose on this. It's not like OCZ nor Amazon to just blatantly cheat people. I do recommend email support for Amazon rather than having them call you, as their reps are a tad difficult to understand over the phone... And I hate the dreaded cancellation email just as much as the next guy, but I'm paying $100 for 6GB of DDR3. That's not an abnormal price for DDR3, so I don't anticipate a cancellation on this one. If you need a set, then this is a good buy after rebate. If you're not ready to go i7 yet, then go ahead and hold off for now.

Thanks. I already have an I7 system; this set would be for the one Im building this coming week. I have some supertalent ram I can use till this shows up. Screw it; Im in. maybe they will have shipment this week and all our learyness will be solved.:)

ill stick with my 6gb gskill for now and then get the same kit when price goes even lower. dont want to mix up memory kits. good luck with the rebate

How long do you guys think before budget x58 boards come out? Would this be worth picking out now for a future ~$200 i7 build? :D

How long do you guys think before budget x58 boards come out? Would this be worth picking out now for a future ~$200 i7 build? :D

If you're going to build in the next month or so, yes. If you're going i7 in a year or so :)confused:) then probably not. Who knows that prices won't drop? Although this is pretty low AR. Mine still hasn't shipped yet. Tomorrow or Wed. I'll contact OCZ and see what they say.

HEYYY...

Look at this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...c_mri?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

Another deal! Will this new ram work with the other stuff I'm getting??? Tighter timings for $16 more... assuming I get both rebates, I just landed 12GB of 1600MHz DDR3 for $96 ... :eek:

Will the different timing ram work together? Looks to be the same everything else. Surely I can just run the pricier stuff at CAS 8...

I have been trying to post this ALL DAY but they've been having problems with the "upgrades" ... seems to be good to go now.

Here's what I received in response from OCZ when I contacted them about the rebate. This is what I wrote:

"I have a question about an order I recently placed at Amazon.com. I purchased some memory displayed as available on the website. It has a $60 mail in rebate as well. After completing the order, the next day I checked the status and it said that the order would ship out on the 16th or later, and likely arrive after April 23rd. If that happens, I will receive the UPC label with the product outside the rebate's 21 day limit. What can I do to make sure I can receive the rebate on this new RAM? Here is a link to the product, still shown as available, but now shipping is out even further than usual. They are still advertising the $60 savings, so hopefully there is a way that customers can redeem the savings even after the 21 day limit, otherwise this is misleading. I have always had great service from OCZ and Amazon. I just would like to know what I need to do to make sure everything is in order. Thank you in advance for your help!"

Here's the answer I got:

"Thank you for your feedback. We understand that some resellers will ship their products past the 21-day timeframe our rebates require. If you do receive your product past the required timeframe, please include the shipment tracking information with your rebate form. If you still receive an error on your submission (data entry at our rebate house is often done very quickly and tracking information is not normally entered), please feel free to contact us directly and we will review your submission."

They'll take care of us. Keep your ducks in a row, and you'll be fine. My $40 set is still set to ship out on the 16th, but it looks like my $56 set is poised to ship tomorrow - hopefully. I think we'll get are rebates, provided we send in everything they need, and give them the proper heads up. These prices are so stinkin good that it's worth a little extra effort on my part to see the deal through. This isn't the first time I've been through this with OCZ. Amazon is likely getting in steady shipments of the stuff, and will fulfill orders as they come in. Just keep track of your paperwork and follow the instructions, and you'll likely get your rebate just fine. And I saw an option in the rebate form that you can request a check instead, if you'd rather.

okay just seen this thread. Was going to jump on this but it says "Usually ships within 1 to 3 months" now.

Not sure if I should risk the headaches

EDIT: Rebate is expired now, never mind

X58 boards probably won't drop much more (cheapest ones are already $180 or so), but i5 will be out in 4 months or less and P55 boards will be significantly cheaper ($100-ish, like P45 boards)... 'Course it'll be a different socket and I'm not even sure i5 will use DDR3 in triple channel configs (might be dual? I forget), that's what the budget Nehalem/Intel line will be towards the future though.

Back