$69.99: WD Caviar Black 2TB @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grabbed one from Target, $69 before tax.

According to the box, its a NETG model, but made in Thailand.

What does that mean, lol?

I grabbed one from Target, $69 before tax.

According to the box, its a NETG model, but made in Thailand.

What does that mean, lol?

Ok, just popped it open. Confirmed Thailand means Caviar Green.

Yeah, we're cool, just consider yourself lucky you found one. Most who ventured out in search of them who weren't at Target first thing Friday morning were SOL.

By the way, 20-25 mpg, in the city, in a sedan, really? And where do you live that you have 6 Targets in a 25mile radius? :rolleyes:

About 10 or more in a 25mile radius here :)

Popped in my Samsung 1tb. It's not being recognized by my computer. When I try to initialize it under disk management, it says "The media is write protected" Any idea?

Also looking to pick up 3x of the black drives if anyone's selling.

Same here. Maybe I should open it up.

why is everyone popping it open just to see if it's a green drive or not...just fricken read the smart data off the drive, it shows the serial number and the drive part number. unless you're gonna use it as an internal drive

why is everyone popping it open just to see if it's a green drive or not...just fricken read the smart data off the drive, it shows the serial number and the drive part number. unless you're gonna use it as an internal drive

Eh, SMART data is only available through E-SATA, SATA or IDE interfaces, USB And FW do not pass the mandatory SMART commands over to the drive unless it uses a bastardized native USB PCB (usually these are only found on the 2.5" drives). Also I think most people want to use these internally, rather than externally as the internal SATA interface provides much better bandwidth, unless you use E-SATA or USB 3.0. A black edition drive makes very little sense over an interface that cannot utilize half the bandwidth available.

I have four but only opened one so far. I'll probably only keep two. They are Malaysia NETG, if anyone is interested. Looking for $100 plus shipping. PM if interested.

If anyone has a Black drive and wants a Green, send me a PM. I'm tired of driving and wasting gas trying to get mine exchanged.

cool find, I wonder what will the 10 hard drives I ordered from staples be.

I paid 105 each shipped and am quite happy giving someone a little something on the side, while still saving $75 to my own pocket.

I paid 105 each shipped and am quite happy giving someone a little something on the side, while still saving $75 to my own pocket.

I PM'd someone and offered to sell him one or two of my extra drives that are still factory sealed at five bucks over my cost plus $5 shipping. So that was pretty nice of you to offer $105 shipped.

Last edited:
Mine are factory sealed made in Malaysia NETG as well. I'll take $100 plus shipping. You have to considering these drive go for $160-180 without the enclosures which you can probably use with another WD. Some of you guys also have to consider we paid $69 plus tax but we had to wake up early to get this deal and/or possible drive to hunt down this drive. Profit is very fair when you consider all the circumstances.

Mine are factory sealed made in Malaysia NETG as well. I'll take $100 plus shipping. You have to considering these drive go for $160-180 without the enclosures which you can probably use with another WD. Some of you guys also have to consider we paid $69 plus tax but we had to wake up early to get this deal and/or possible drive to hunt down this drive. Profit is very fair when you consider all the circumstances.

u also know that retail drives have 5 year warranty and are brand new. those drives have no warranty once removed from enclosure and only 1 year if they stay in it and are supposely refurbs.

no proof that they are thou.

I PM'd someone and offered to sell him one or two of my extra drives that are still factory sealed at five bucks over my cost plus $5 shipping. So that was pretty nice of you to offer $105 shipped.
'tis the season.
Also, people say they have done this with wd drives and rma'd them when they died, and had no hassles about it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back