69.99 Toshiba 2TB 7200 RPM newegg.ca

I'm not sure what to think when the number of 1 eggs and the number of 5 eggs are about the same.

have 7 of these, 6 in a NAS that has run 24/7 for the last 5 years. No problems whatsoever. 1 in my main system for scratch drive and random media storage and as a potential hotswap drive if the NAS ever has a problem. Been in use for about half the time and not 24/7.

Small sample of course but I started using that 7th drive after realizing the NAS was rock solid and didnt want to sit on a HDD with no usage. Risky yes but now that prices have fallen not that difficult to obtain another. I bought these following the Thai floods so these were much more expensive then.

Last edited:
Amazon has the 3TB for 80$ if you don't mind waiting 3 weeks for shipping.

Got mine for $80 shipped via Newegg last year. Seems solid enough, but I only use it as a backup drive which is unplugged most of the time. I asked around a bit on this forum, and did some casual research, and I believe they use some Hitachi technology. In particular the 3TB model used to a re-branded Hitachi, and I believe the current models are based off of those but not entirely Hitachi.

May have to do some research on these particular models.

Back