6800's SLI LAG?

Kaos_Drem

Gawd
New system just purchased having some problems.

System Specs :
Asus A8N sli deluxe
3500+
2GB corsair value select
2 leadtek 6800's 256MB
IBM 80GB drive

PSU is 550w

Problems im having is that in game i should be getting around 60-150fps im getting around 30-80

main games that this is a problem for are Starwars Galaxies, and Day of Defeat Source.

with starwars galaxies i don't even get the 30fps that the game is capped at.

running the newest drivers for both Motherboard and videocards, bios is tweaked for optimal settings by a friend that is fairly fluent with the motherboard settings. I have tried numerous things such as running lower resolutions with no change in fps. Please any reply will help.

what RES/AA/AF you running? what drivers please, sometimes the newer drivers are fucked up, for both mobo and video, what OS/service packs, what company PSU etc..

resolution doesn't seem to matter too much, im using 1280x1024. Running Windows xp professional service pack 2

running the 81.85 drivers, and running the 6.66 chipset drivers as well as the newest bios for the mobo. as for the PSU i have no clue. but it is running stable voltages.

idk how much more demanding dod:source is vs css, but my oc'ed x800 pro runs css 1024x768 6x AA 8x AF with no drops below 50 fps. If dod source and css perform about the same, something is DEFF wrong. Is this a brand new system or an old os install? Usually on a new system I install DX9C->chipset->video card. How did you do it? My windows xp pretty much consists of win xp pro and sp1 nothing else. I run a software and hardware firewall, aim , and avg. What stuff you have running?

Your problem is probably that you are trying to run non profiled apps without a default SLI setting.

In cases like that, you have approximately the power of one 6600GT due to the PCIE 6800NUs slower memory. If using SLI, you'll have a little more power than a 6800U.

So, check the nvapps.xml in your Windows System 32 directory for a profile of the game you're playing.

Not there? Go download CoolBits, and set a default SLI setting for non-profiled games.

Enjoy. :)

Rollo said:
Your problem is probably that you are trying to run non profiled apps without a default SLI setting.

In cases like that, you have approximately the power of one 6600GT due to the PCIE 6800NUs slower memory. If using SLI, you'll have a little more power than a 6800U.

So, check the nvapps.xml in your Windows System 32 directory for a profile of the game you're playing.

Not there? Go download CoolBits, and set a default SLI setting for non-profiled games.

Enjoy. :)

6800 has faster memory. 256 bit 700MHz memory > 1000MHz 128bit
;)

Back