6800NU still a good buy?

KevC

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm chugging around with a 5900XT (stock, haven't bothered with overclocking though I know this goes not too bad... has a good cooler on it).

I have a chance to get a 6800NU for relatively cheap (card plus ~$50), I'm wondering if this is worth the swap.

I don't really play that many games, but going 6800NU means I get to see HL2 the way it's meant to be, right?

This baby still a good buy?

Yes it is worth it. The 6800NU ( I am using one ATM in my Shuttle) is a great card when compared to your FX card and it performs well at 1280x1024 in most games.

Well in my opinion id go for the swap because , the 6800nu has 12 pipes , sm 3.0 could have gddr3 and is just more up to date although its not the fastest its not to shabby , ive been looking into one or a x800gto2. (also possibly unlockable to 16pipes)

So yea id do the trade

If you can get a non-damaged one for 50 bucks, what are you waiting for?

If you don't get it, let me know who's selling it and I'll buy it.

Unabomber said:
If you can get a non-damaged one for 50 bucks, what are you waiting for?

If you don't get it, let me know who's selling it and I'll buy it.

Hah. I'm trading my 5900XT and $50 for it.

How does it do with BF2 and new games out there?

It is still a great card. I have the 6800 go which is basically a lower clocked version and it does very well in all games that I play which includes HL2, BF2, Doom 3, Far Cry, CS:S and COD2 (I use DX7 for this game to get decent FPS). The other games run well with normal to high settings with some AA and Aniso and resolutions around 1280*800, with CS:C doing well @ 1920*1200 w/ 2X AA and 8X Aniso with all settings at max.

It will handle BF2, HL2, etc., just fine. I use fairly aggressive settings.

Unabomber said:
It will handle BF2, HL2, etc., just fine. I use fairly aggressive settings.
yep my 6800le unlock and oc'ed performed very well in these games :)

Back