6800GT vs 6800Ultra

NeoNemesis

2[H]4U
As I worked it out I can get a 6800GT in Canada for 517CAD (eVga) or a 6800Ultra OC from the US for 580CAD. Which would be the better value?

The value almost always goes to the GT. The GT is every bit the card the Ultra is, just clocked slightly lower. However almost all the GT's OC, to Ultra speeds. Of course they aren't gauranteed to do so. As what you can get by OC is never guaranteed. Also the performance difference between the GT and Ultra at stock speeds isn't huge. Like 5-10% in some instances, less than that in others.

If they are really close in price, I'd say go on and get the Ultra. Why not have the best? If you want to save some money or if the price is way off, I'd say go with the GT.

Neither cards performance will dissapoint.

For that small of a delta between the Ultra and the GT, get the Ultra. That's only around $50 US difference.

Plus the Ultra is the OC model from BFG. I believe BFG is the one with the lifetime warranty.

ya the ultra is the bfg with a lifetime warranty. Plus I forgot the shipping from the canadian retailer so the 6800GT is actually around 535CAD.

Back