6800GT to Ultra ...??

ThreeDee

[H]F Junkie
..both the GT and Ultras are basically same card aside from clock speeds I believe ..so , if your GT can clock up to Ultra speeds just fine ... could you flash a GT with an Ultra bios so you wouldnt have to use an oc utility in windows ..??

bump. i plan on doing this if so....so any insight would be appreciated.

I would NOT try flashing a $400 GT to an Ultra. It will apply more voltage to the card. More voltage it might not handle. You'll wind up screwing yourself out of $400.

I dont know what everyones fetish is with flashing BIOS's. You take a huge risk in doing it. I havn't seen but maybe one GT yet that wouldn't overclock to Ultra speeds but that doesn't mean it will handle an Ultra BIOS flash.

Just run CoolBits and OC like everyone else. Its really not any harder then risking flashing your cards BIOS.

I have more of a fetish with not running oc proggies (coolbits or otherwise) in windows ..would prefer to have the card or motherboard or whatever run whatever speed it can run at from the bios level ..if it can be done safely .. if it cant , then well ....it cant I guess .. :)

Back