6800GT in stock $399 @ outpost.com

v3rt1g0 said:
Gahh, stupid $35 in tax. Very temping, but that killed it for me.
No tax for me, but I already have an Ultra on preorder at Best Buy.

Scott

damn i dont have enough funds in my account im about $20 short, damn pay periods every 2 weeks!@!#!@$@!4

nova[11] said:
damn i dont have enough funds in my account im about $20 short, damn pay periods every 2 weeks!@!#!@$@!4

Sell your car's floormats on eBay, works every time.

lol nice suggestion if itis still there i get paid in on tuesday...c'mn tuesday!

Heh, i just got done posting a link to Outpost and another site that has in stock BFG 6800GT's a little while ago in the main video card forum. O well :).

Nice to see them finally getting in stock. I hope other board makers get some out this week.

[H]alcyon441 said:
Which is better a GT or an Ultra?

All depends on how you look at it... The Ultra is a bit faster but the GT is cheaper and can be overclocked to the Ultra speeds. The best bang for the buck is the GT; it's almost as fast as the Ultra in some benchmarks and games. GT is for me..

Best Buy just charged my credit card for my GT; hopefully it shipps tomorrow! That would rock.

[H]alcyon441 said:
Does the GT have less pixel pipelines than the Ultra?

Nope its identical in pipes (16x1), just is 350/1000 (370/1000 for the bfg) instead of 400/1100.

What GDDR3 are they using on the GTs, because I swear to God, if they are putting out GTs when they could be pumping out Ultras and X800 XTs, I will do NOTHING but be uber mad!

Why so much anger? Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, suffering leads ot death!!!!! I think the GT uses 2.2ns and the Ultra uses 2ns, although that is not to big of a difference, otherwise their slightly lower card would be competeing with its bigger brother, lol. If you want proven technology go with X800's, but if you want same speed as ATI and more possible but uncertain technologies go with the 6800's.

I placed my order for the GT on monday morning, they had 12 buck overnight shipping and i had to pay tax so $444 total. Got it next day by noon :D .

It really is a fantastic little card

Stock run on 3dmark 03 was 10800, overclocked too Ultra speeds 11800.

nweibley said:
What GDDR3 are they using on the GTs, because I swear to God, if they are putting out GTs when they could be pumping out Ultras and X800 XTs, I will do NOTHING but be uber mad!

More people buying the GT and Pro instead of the Ultra/XT.

I went with the BFG 6800 GT OC card and I love it! I couldn't be happier. It has seemed like forever since the mid range card actually competes with it's older brother. Last time we saw this was the TI 4400 series I think.

nova[11] said:
lol nice suggestion if itis still there i get paid in on tuesday...c'mn tuesday!
Call em up and tell em: "I'll gladly pay you tuesday for a 6800 today" Wimpie style :)

I supposedly got one of them. We'll see later tonight if I get shipping confirmation.

I got shipping confirmation to get here this morning, but the DHL driver was a lazy jackass and claimed there wasn't an apartment number on the shipping label. I'm going to bitch at him and get him fired when I prove it IS there on Monday when I do receive it.

EDIT: There are only 4 apartments where I live and there were people outside. He could have asked anyone and took 30 seconds to figure it out and deliver it. He didn't even pull in the driveway.

Back