6800GT Have a Far cry freezing...sound card problems...whats up?

Ricko

Weaksauce
Have a 6800GT....experienceing temporary freezing...and sound card problems. Have the latest patch. 1.2....also....downloaded latest nvidia drivers. Whats up? My 9800 pro never did this!

Athlon 64 3200
1 gig..
6800GT

It's the 1.2 patch (has several well published issues with both ati and nvidia). You need to remove the game, and re-install it. Then update it to 1.1. That is the only way.

Must be your system. Far Cry 1.2/61.77/dx9.0c work fine for me. No problems here.

Follow the advice given to you in your exact same post you made in the main forum. Wipe out the old ATI and NVIDIA with DC3 then try again.

FC does that to me even on the 1.1 patch. It's from my overclock, as for the sound issues...that's a FC issue...that game is buggy as fuck on sound. Sometimes it works fine...sometimes I got no sound at all or ambient sounds were missing. Had to reinstall sound drives a few times before I finally beat the game. All well that's what happenes when new kids on the block like Valve and CryTech challenge id...they get schooled.

heh no need to make two topics on this. go check out the other topic you made in the main forum there are some good suggestions there. uninstall everything, run driver cleaner for ati, reinstall. if that don't work, format. ati can leave behind crap that screws up your machine. also make sure you get the card working at stock before you OC. lastly make sure you are using farcry retail 1.1 or better

I thought that Crytech fuxored it up for the nv40 cards with their new patch? Is it that? Or did they fix it already?

Back