6800 mod

Myrandex

Limp Gawd
I wsa wondering if the PCI Express GeForce 6800 cards are unlockable? I bought http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-122-207&depa=0 for $231 refurb'ed (Leadtek GeForce 6800 256MB PCI-Express) today, and I am trying to figure out my chances to unlocking the 16 pipes. Also, I was curious as to whether or not anyone has any ideas on over-clockability of these cards. Thanks for any help or opinions guys.
Jason

The PCI express version of the 6800 has no masked pipelines. There are physically only 12 pipelines. So that's a no-go on the unlocking part.

On the OC side, it should overclock quite well.

=( I just saw that in the sticky about 6800 unlocking. Lol I am thinking about cancelling my order tonight before it fully processes, and picking up an X800XL.
Jason

Myrandex said:
=( I just saw that in the sticky about 6800 unlocking. Lol I am thinking about cancelling my order tonight before it fully processes, and picking up an X800XL.
Jason
That would be a great choice. ;)

I'm ordering one as soon as I have that $$$.

I just checked and the order shipped out today!! I guess I would be excited if I thought that I could unlock the card, but being stuck w/o being able to unlock it is kind of disappointing.
Jason

Back