6800 GT on a64 rig, 350w Fortron

I'm getting a new 6800 GT 256MB AGP card, and I plan to overclock it to 440/1200(or whatever is its max OC), which will draw out a lot more power. I read on Anandtech that under load the 6800 GT uses 241 watts, and that's not overclocked. I'll be running everything on my current rig in my sig, except no radeon 9800 of course. So what should I expect? Will my psu handle it fine being a Fortron, or will it have difficulty handling all the power? I'm sure this is reaching the limits of my Fortron. I'm just wondering if it will surpass its limits. Not that I have the money to upgrade to a better PSU, I just want to have a feeling of security(or insecurity) when I run the machine.

OK, I put in everything on that PSU calculation site. At peak 100% utilization it says recommended PSU is 343w. At 80% it's like 304w. Being a Fortron this sounds good; but what is important, in addition, is the amperage of my PSU. At 16A on the 12V rail I dunno if the system will be stable with the card. Guess I'll have to find out and see!

Back