6800 GT OC/Heat Results

nova[11]

Limp Gawd
results for my BFG 6800 GT OC so far. I haven't tested the max but this is what I have so far.

Core: 420 mhz
Memory: 1.10 ghz
Idle Temp: 62 c
underload: 68-69 c
ambient: 40 c
underload: 49-52 c

post up what you are getting with yours

nova[11] said:
results for my BFG 6800 GT OC so far. I haven't tested the max but this is what I have so far.

Core: 420 mhz
Memory: 1.10 ghz
Idle Temp: 62 c
underload: 68-69 c

post up what you are getting with yours
thats a nice score but the heat output is pretty high, what kind of heatsink are you using on it or is it stock?

What's the case ambient temperature or the temperature of the card. Absolute temperatures are meaningless. What's interesting is Tgpu - Tamb.

tornadotsunamilife said:
thats a nice score but the heat output is pretty high, what kind of heatsink are you using on it or is it stock?
yup thats on the BFG stock cooling, this was barely bumped up from the auto detect.

will a card running at those speeds and with that heat last for very long? i'm always worried when OC'ing that my card will be OK for a year but then die.

Jerry1978 said:
will a card running at those speeds and with that heat last for very long? i'm always worried when OC'ing that my card will be OK for a year but then die.

well, what would happen is you'd see artifacting and visual problems before the card just died or anything, but mainly what heat/overclocking does is shorten the lifespan of the card through. If you get a new card every 3-4 years, I wouldn't worry about it.

oozish said:
well, what would happen is you'd see artifacting and visual problems before the card just died or anything, but mainly what heat/overclocking does is shorten the lifespan of the card through. If you get a new card every 3-4 years, I wouldn't worry about it.

Overclocking it further, without upgrading the heatsink, would that void the lifetime warranty? Would they be able to tell?

Back