6800 GT drivers

Magester

n00b
Now I preordered a 6800 GT from BB ... when I get this beast what drivers should I use? What ones are the best, and what ones do you all use? I know these drivers REALLY affect the performance of this card.

are the 61.80's any good? although originally intended for laptops im sure i've seen some with modified .INF files for all nvidia card types

tranCendenZ said:
Use the ones that come on the CD until Nvidia releases ones on their website.

why? just because they come with the card doesnt mean it's going to perform the best

ForeverUnknown said:
why? just because they come with the card doesnt mean it's going to perform the best

2nd that.. when you drop 350-400$ for a card you want to get the best performance out of it, and those drivers on the cd are not the best ones

Right now the 61.71's are the best bet. The 61.80's are dated earlier and are not as stable.

Scott

tornadotsunamilife said:
are the 61.80's any good? although originally intended for laptops im sure i've seen some with modified .INF files for all nvidia card types

I saw a noitceable drop Far Cry in framerate with the 61.80's so dumped em in favor of the 61.71's in for now.

Well.....if the Far Cry patch 1.2 is actually released today (there is still specualtion it won't be) than one would assume Nvidia will release an official Sm 3.0 driver for the 6800 series gpu's. So maybe today will be the big day.

Scott

Diseaseboy said:
Well.....if the Far Cry patch 1.2 is actually released today (there is still specualtion it won't be) than one would assume Nvidia will release an official Sm 3.0 driver for the 6800 series gpu's. So maybe today will be the big day.

Scott

There currently locking all the threads over at the Far Cry offical forums if the thread mentions or asks were the 1.2 patch is, jerks.

Best guess at this point is we will not see it today, the very least thing Crytek could do is say something about the patch not being released today instead of just trying to shut everybody up about it.

ForeverUnknown said:

Right, but if you use the drivers on the CD it means they were tested with that card and you will probably have less problems than if you use any of the betas available.

If you want performance, sure go with 61.71... But go with the CDs on the driver if you want the least chance of probs. I just recommended that so the person doesn't come back and say "the card is broken!!!!" if he sees visual glitches ;)

Back