6800 GT and Valve H2 Stress Test

nova[11]

Limp Gawd
So I wanted to see how big the OC made a difference

BFG 6800 GT OC @ 370/1000: 84.2 fps
BFG 6800 GT OC @ 420/1100 96.7 fps

I'd say thats a great improvement heh

the stress test is part of the CS:source beta. To get in on that, you need to have purchased CS condition zero, or have an ati HL2 voucher code.

damn...oh well, just looking for a good program to burn-in my 6800GT (just put an NV5 Silencer, trying to test the limits and "cure" the AS5.

Any suggestions...remember, just trying to stress my GPU, I've already run 3DMark03 plenty of times.

Tenchi4U said:
damn...oh well, just looking for a good program to burn-in my 6800GT (just put an NV5 Silencer, trying to test the limits and "cure" the AS5.

Any suggestions...remember, just trying to stress my GPU, I've already run 3DMark03 plenty of times.

the stress test wouldn't be that good for what you are trying to do since it is only about 30 seconds long. try playing farcry or running rthdribl for a few hours.

maxxo said:
the stress test wouldn't be that good for what you are trying to do since it is only about 30 seconds long. try playing farcry or running rthdribl for a few hours.

rthdribl is very handy for seeing how hot your card gets under overclock.

-It is demanding enough that it can actually stress even a 6800 GT if you turn the settings up all the way (12x multisamples, anyone? :eek: )
-You can run it in a window, so you can see your temperature monitor while the card is under full load. If you run a game, then quit, then look at the temps, the core may be alot cooler than its true peak temp under load.

if you run it in a window i find that my cards heats up a bit more when the window is maximized and i have the temp readout sitting ontop the window. mine gets around 89C @ 401/1100 using default settings in control panel.

Back