6700K in stock (US)

COMBOS? Mother *******! I went with the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII RANGER did I screw up? I wanted a board with a PC slot on it for my sound card but this one looked like it had a nice onboard so I bit.

Also, how long have these been up. I took a nap and woke up to them being in stock. I KNEW that was going to happen.

I couple hours maybe? I checked earlier today around 11am and they were still out of stock.

I put a stock alert on the i7 6700K for Newegg via nowinstock.net ... the sku was already listed. I used this site for a lot of stuff that's hard to find. Got a text message and was able to order fast.

Maybe try that site for the next time they come in stock. Also works for Amazon (assuming they will put the 6700K up soon).

I have to laugh at this point, I did all that research on motherboards and end up picking something at random anyway. rofl..

As long as it all works I will be happy

I have to laugh at this point, I did all that research on motherboards and end up picking something at random anyway. rofl..

As long as it all works I will be happy

I'm in the same boat hahahaha! What did you get?

Just ordered 6700K/Z170 Deluxe Combo from Newegg. Status is already packaged, preparing for shipment, looks like they are sitting on 6700K inventory and want to use the scarcity to move the high end 170 mobos

Just ordered 6700K/Z170 Deluxe Combo from Newegg. Status is already packaged, preparing for shipment, looks like they are sitting on 6700K inventory and want to use the scarcity to move the high end 170 mobos

Of course I already purchased and opened my z170 deluxe... :(

Thanks for the heads up , Just grabbed one with next day shipping ($14 bucks shipped to Florida)

Debating if I want to spend the extra $60.... :mad:

I'll wait... :rolleyes:

Super happy. Since one of the combos was for the board I already ordered they issued an RMA for the first board with no restock and prepaid shipping labels. CPU ordered :)

Blah, I was caught up in something at work all afternoon and wasn't even checking... Probably could've gotten an order in like that. Oh well, guess I keep waiting.

Were the combo savings significant or just like $10-20? Anyone know if Amazon ever got them in stock? I don't think I received a stock notification email from either.

Tempted to give into Tiger's price gouging but ehh... Probably have to pay for shipping on top of it so eff that. Edit: Ehh, only $15 for 2 day, must resist...

I actually have a TigerDirect 5 min. from me but I doubt they'll have it anytime soon, and the local TigerDirect.pr site is actually charging $415 rather than $400, good one.

Last edited:
Blah, I was caught up in something at work all afternoon and wasn't even checking... Probably could've gotten an order in like that. Oh well, guess I keep waiting.

Were the combo savings significant or just like $10-20? Anyone know if Amazon ever got them in stock? I don't think I received a stock notification email from either.

Tempted to give into Tiger's price gouging but ehh... Probably have to pay for shipping on top of it so eff that.

I think most were around $20 -30, and one was for $50

The big question is how many of went crazy with the shipping?

I just picked super saver, I waited this long I can wait a few days.

Last edited:
I think most were around $20 -30, and one was for $50

The big question is how many of went crazy with the shipping?

I just picked super saver, I waited this long I can wait a few days.

I did two day on the CPU to match the shop runner 2 day shipping on the mobo.

I signed up for three months of Premier for $20. Figured if anything remotely goes wrong, it's good to have that backup. Plus it includes rush processing and 3-day which I also used for the ram and some other bits and pieces.

I did the same thing earlier this year (signing up for short-term Premier) for my Benq XL2720Z monitor I used for consoles and 144hz PC gaming, and Newegg swapped out four monitors with flaws before I found one that wasn't messed up, no questions asked. The no restocking fees and rapid return exchanges are totally worth the $19.99 IMO.

I signed up for three months of Premier for $20. Figured if anything remotely goes wrong, it's good to have that backup. Plus it includes rush processing and 3-day which I also used for the ram and some other bits and pieces.

I did the same thing earlier this year (signing up for short-term Premier) for my Benq XL2720Z monitor I used for consoles and 144hz PC gaming, and Newegg swapped out four monitors with flaws before I found one that wasn't messed up, no questions asked. The no restocking fees and rapid return exchanges are totally worth the $19.99 IMO.

Yeah I did the same. A little disappointed it didn't ship today, but then I figured it was so late in the day that was to much to hope for. 3-day shipping will probably put us at about Thursday next week if it goes Monday? Part of me wished I'd have paid for quicker shipping, but I didn't want to spent to much time debating it and have it go out of stock.

Meh, might go for a pre-order at BLT... It only ends up being like $20 for shipping to PR since they have the CPU itself like $5 cheaper than Newegg, better than paying $50 more at Tiger, dunno.

Still no sign of it at Amazon, BLT has an ETA for the 28th that should easily cover all their preorders if they actually get the expected amount.

For $400... :eek: Someone mentioned it earlier, wonder if I could find a gullible phone rep to price match Newegg even tho it's not in stock over there, hmm... Might just try it tomorrow.

I guess you could always gamble that it'll come back in stock at the egg or elsewhere for $360 within 30 days, and Tiger would retroactively honor that, supposedly... Anyone here ever try their price matching?

The one time I tried, while buying a subwoofer that was available for like $220 elsewhere ($300 at Tiger) the rep came back with "best I can do is $292"... I tried to argue how weak that was but it seemed like they basically only matched on a whim or when convenient.

Yeah I did the same. A little disappointed it didn't ship today, but then I figured it was so late in the day that was to much to hope for. 3-day shipping will probably put us at about Thursday next week if it goes Monday? Part of me wished I'd have paid for quicker shipping, but I didn't want to spent to much time debating it and have it go out of stock.

I ordered the Gigabyte Gaming 7 and the 6700K right when the orders opened, with just enough time to buy Premier first, and mine's already shipped. Due for delivery Tuesday.

Of course, my ram is stuck in packaging so I won't be able to build until it arrives anyway.

I'm on a Premier trial and missed it all, curses... :eek:

Would've used Shoprunner if possible anyway (never ending trial that's going on like 3 years?)... Premier only cuts shipping charges in half for me in Puerto Rico, such a scam... Only signed up to buy RAM what wasn't available thru Shoprunner.

I ordered the Gigabyte Gaming 7 and the 6700K right when the orders opened, with just enough time to buy Premier first, and mine's already shipped. Due for delivery Tuesday.

Of course, my ram is stuck in packaging so I won't be able to build until it arrives anyway.

Where is yours shipping from? I put my order in right around 5pm EST and its still in packaging, but it's shipping from Indy so they were prob done for the day anyway.

I find the cpu/mobo only purchase to be dumb, its not like you can slap the skylake CPU on a z97 board, lol.

I ordered with my old Newegg Preferred account so I got rush shipping as well (plus 12 months 0% interest) board and CPU shipped Friday and will delivery Tuesday.

I would have been fine with it if it had been for a board I wanted.

Same here, no combo with the board I wanted. Also, I like to pick out each individual part. I don't want stuck with random RAM or other components

Where is yours shipping from? I put my order in right around 5pm EST and its still in packaging, but it's shipping from Indy so they were prob done for the day anyway.

Mine is shipping from Baldwin Park, California. I'm in San Francisco so hopefully it doesn't take long. But can't do anything until my ram arrives anyway, and that's not shipped yet.

Mine is shipping from Baldwin Park, California. I'm in San Francisco so hopefully it doesn't take long. But can't do anything until my ram arrives anyway, and that's not shipped yet.

Looks like mine left LA this morning, but I did the cheap shipping so I am not going to expect anything till thursday or Friday.

Mine still says packaging, but I believe it is due to ordering so close to COB Friday (3:40 PM PST). I think many folks who ordered before 3PM PST got shipped on Friday per NewEgg's statement below

From NewEgg order confirmation:
"Please keep in mind that if the order was placed after 3 PM local time, it will begin processing the next business day and will ship immediately after processing has completed. Order processing can take up to 1 - 2 business days. Business days do not include weekends or major holidays. After processing is complete and the order has been shipped, the delivery date is determined by the speed of the shipping method that has been selected. For example, Next Day Shipping means you will receive your order 1 business day after your order is shipped."

Mine still says packaging, but I believe it is due to ordering so close to COB Friday (3:40 PM PST). I think many folks who ordered before 3PM PST got shipped on Friday per NewEgg's statement below

From NewEgg order confirmation:
"Please keep in mind that if the order was placed after 3 PM local time, it will begin processing the next business day and will ship immediately after processing has completed. Order processing can take up to 1 - 2 business days. Business days do not include weekends or major holidays. After processing is complete and the order has been shipped, the delivery date is determined by the speed of the shipping method that has been selected. For example, Next Day Shipping means you will receive your order 1 business day after your order is shipped."

It also depends on where it's shipping from I think. A lot of the people saying theirs shipped came out of California. Mine is still in packaging, but it's shipping from New Jersey. That's quite a few time zones difference, their day was pretty much over in New Jersey I assume.

6700K went out of stock at Tiger within the day btw, so either they didn't have many or there were enough people willing to pay $400 for it. I didn't get the chance to attempt a price match tho it was likely futile...

Oh and BLT pushed the nearest ETA they had way back, the next closest is Sept 10 at two different warehouses (I don't quite get their warehouse breakdown but w/e). Still haven't seen them at Amazon either.

6700K went out of stock at Tiger within the day btw, so either they didn't have many or there were enough people willing to pay $400 for it. I didn't get the chance to attempt a price match tho it was likely futile...

Oh and BLT pushed the nearest ETA they had way back, the next closest is Sept 10 at two different warehouses (I don't quite get their warehouse breakdown but w/e). Still haven't seen them at Amazon either.

BH Photovideo says Sept 10th as well.

BH Photovideo says Sept 10th as well.

Showing Sept 24 as of now, dunno if that means they sold out the first wave or that their shipment ETA got pushed back. BLT's backorders went down by one so at least one person out there might've got his elsewhere and cancelled... :p

Last edited:
I thought about pre-ordering from B&H this morning but then did a Google search. I'd review the following before I gave any of my money to these guys.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cameras/bh_photo.html

That's weird, B&H isn't usually regarded as a shady outfit but maybe whomever manages their hardware/electronics department is dropping the ball (noticed the first few complaints I read there were about PC stuff).

If you go to basically any photography forum they tend to be everyone's favorite retailer even over Amazon (they definitely pack better), and I myself have spent quite a bit of money there in lenses and cameras.

I've returned things on two occasions over the last couple years, first time I simply changed my mind on an item so I had to pay for return shipping but it was otherwise painless...

Second time we got a $900 lens that had a very squeaky zoom wheel (not uncommon but that particular lens has a rep for being very smooth mechanically). They overnighted a replacement no questions asked and sent me a label for the one I had.

I've actually chosen to pay for shipping at B&H a few times rather than using Amazon/Prime purely because of how much better they pack. Can't say I've ever bought any computer stuff from them tho.

They do have a big B&M location in NYC FWIW, never been but my sister's in there often and loves it.

I thought about pre-ordering from B&H this morning but then did a Google search. I'd review the following before I gave any of my money to these guys.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cameras/bh_photo.html

I have bought a bunch of expensive camera stuff from them and I even returned something to them without issue because I decided I didn't want to keep it

I would not hesitate to order from them again, but as for this CPU I think a lot of retailers are having issues figuring out when they will get product to ship.

I7-6700k and Gigabyte Gaming 7 on the truck for delivery today:). Shipped from Baldwin Park on Sat.

I have bought a bunch of expensive camera stuff from them and I even returned something to them without issue because I decided I didn't want to keep it

I would not hesitate to order from them again, but as for this CPU I think a lot of retailers are having issues figuring out when they will get product to ship.

Searching for Amazon and Newegg at Consumer Affairs results in similarly dismal scores, heh, looks like a well where bad and unresolved complaints go to die.

Back