6700K in stock (US)

Waiting on this as well. Thinking about whether to start to buy up parts just so I don't end up with other things going out of stock, but don't want to run into issues with the warranty period on anything that's DOA.

Grumble.

I have everything here waiting except my Enthoo Luxe, which will be here monday, and the 6700k. Getting a bit antsy at this point.

Tell my why you say that as I am now building a 4K rig

Because I plan on adding a 3rd 980Ti eventually. Even if I don't I like to leave my options open- with the Skylake I don't have that available. With the MSI SLI X99 motherboards I can add a 3rd Nvidia board even with a 5820k.

When the price drops on the 980Ti I'll probably add a 3rd.

Because I plan on adding a 3rd 980Ti eventually. Even if I don't I like to leave my options open- with the Skylake I don't have that available. With the MSI SLI X99 motherboards I can add a 3rd Nvidia board even with a 5820k.

When the price drops on the 980Ti I'll probably add a 3rd.

This absolutely makes sense.

4K is GPU limited.

To get 1080p-ish perofmance you might need 3 cards.

The only platform that does well with 3+ cards is x99.

But if you're going to max out at 2 cards, then either platform should work.

Right now I'm gaming @ 4k on my wonky [email protected], 980Ti SLI setup. I get about 45FPS on the Witcher 3 at best, and that's with some of the features turned down. I suspect when I switch over to the 5820k, if I'm able to get ~4.2GHz or so out of it I might get about the same performance, maybe a bit more.

I'll probably need to add another card for the newer games in 4k. Hopefully DX12 will improve 4k performance, (especially with the extra cores of the 5820k) time will tell.

I don't remember them having this on the page either.

"This item can only be purchased with a combo"

Yeah WTF.

If it stays this way this totally screws ppl who already bought a board and RAM. They know it'll sell out right away and looks like they're trying to max their profits.

I just got an email from MC that 6600k was reduced to $249, nice of them to notify me they decided to stop ripping us off.

Yeah WTF.

If it stays this way this totally screws ppl who already bought a board and RAM. They know it'll sell out right away and looks like they're trying to max their profits.

That or Egg ordered a buttload of boards they now think won't sell well and the solution is to bundle them. If people bought boards from Egg they are going to be flooded with returns. Then again they could decide to be dicks about such returns and add restocking fees etc. Another route would be selling the bundled board, I can imagine the FS/Trade forum would be busy.

I don't know what Intel was thinking covering the world with CPUs except for North America. Maybe they wanted to build the anticipation, but they should already know the first wave will be sold out in no time. Intel's dangling a steak and the lion is damn hungry.

That or Egg ordered a buttload of boards they now think won't sell well and the solution is to bundle them. If people bought boards from Egg they are going to be flooded with returns. Then again they could decide to be dicks about such returns and add restocking fees etc. Another route would be selling the bundled board, I can imagine the FS/Trade forum would be busy.

I don't know what Intel was thinking covering the world with CPUs except for North America. Maybe they wanted to build the anticipation, but they should already know the first wave will be sold out in no time. Intel's dangling a steak and the lion is damn hungry.

Yeah there was no need to build hype or anticipation, they're going to sell fine.

You would think they could have tried to divvy up the initial shipments instead of this bizarre scenario we're in were there are ZERO in North America.

Last edited:
In stock at newegg right now. have to buy a combo with a motherboard. Not very happy, I already bought a motherboard from them a week ago.:mad:

Hmm should I just order with a combo and return my other board or is this a sign that microcenter will have it in stock soon too????

THey make you choose from a select list of mobos...not any one you want. Some also include RAM.

In the latest PCper podcast, Ryan says he was told a very large oem purchased around 1 Million units for internal testing (did not name who but I suspect Apple) and that, is the reason why there is such a large defecate on seeing these in the wild.

source and link

This week in Computer Hardware https://www.twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-computer-hardware/episodes/329?autostart=false
Right around the 1:48 second mark

That makes the most sense of anything I've heard.

Went ahead and ordered one with the MSI Gaming 7 mobo...will decide whether to keep that or the Asus Maximus VIII Hero when it gets here....

Says sold out already...hopefully my order went through.

I called customer service and explained that I already bought an entire system worth of parts from them (minus CPU) last week. She pushed through an order for me over the phone CPU only. She said she got it in before it went out of stock, but I guess we'll have to see if it ships. Phone ordering is SOOO slow compared to online, especially when they have to talk to managers.

I called customer service and explained that I already bought an entire system worth of parts from them (minus CPU) last week. She pushed through an order for me over the phone CPU only. She said she got it in before it went out of stock, but I guess we'll have to see if it ships. Phone ordering is SOOO slow compared to online, especially when they have to talk to managers.

Nice move. I just got off the phone with them, looks like my order went through! I tried asking them to separate the CPU but they said they couldn't.

Their site says it's back in stock but "not available" on top of the page.

You guys might want to keep trying?

I grabbed the combo deal
Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1151 95W
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4-24000) Intel Z170 Desktop Memory Model F4-3000C15D-16GVR

It is the memory I wanted and the Ranger seems close enough to the Hero

This is bs that I can't buy it with a Asus max gene matx board. Seriously newegg

Super happy. Since one of the combos was for the board I already ordered they issued an RMA for the first board with no restock and prepaid shipping labels. CPU ordered :)

I still show it as available in a combo. Should I try to order the MSI gaming or the Gigabyte gaming mobo? The gigabyte one has the onboard creative sound on it, im more partial to that

Super happy. Since one of the combos was for the board I already ordered they issued an RMA for the first board with no restock and prepaid shipping labels. CPU ordered :)

Congrats ! Me too man , stoked. I called them on the phone and did a RMA for my Asus z170 deluxe motherboard and went ahead and purchased the 6700/170 Deluxe combo. 10 bucks combo discount too.

Well I put my order in for the Gigabyte Gaming mobo with the 6700k. Hope my wife doesn't kill me and we dont get put on backorder with newegg!

I went with the Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 ... wanted the Alpine Ridge controller and that's the only one that had it. Has everything else I want, but have never bought a Gigabyte board before. Snakebitten by ASUS and the MSI only has Killer NICs, which I don't want (also the MSI M7 doesn't fit a Noctua D15, which I already have).

Ordered Ripjaws V ram, but realized that it was too tall for the D15 also ... so changed to some nice low-profile Corsair Vengeance LPX ram, 2x8GB 3000 DDR4.

Last edited:
I went with the M7 for the dual M.2 and reinforced PCIe slots. A second front USB 3 header was a nice bonus as well.

I'm running SLI so I probably wouldn't even be able to use dual M.2. Both my cards are MSI too, so at least it would look nice. Is the MSI one killer NIC only?

COMBOS? Mother *******! I went with the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII RANGER did I screw up? I wanted a board with a PC slot on it for my sound card but this one looked like it had a nice onboard so I bit.

Also, how long have these been up. I took a nap and woke up to them being in stock. I KNEW that was going to happen.

I'm running SLI so I probably wouldn't even be able to use dual M.2. Both my cards are MSI too, so at least it would look nice. Is the MSI one killer NIC only?

Why wouldn't you be able to run dual M.2 with SLI?

It does only have a killer nic, but I've had a couple boards with them in the past and never had an issue.

Back