6700k high temps with overclock H100i

Phlorge

Limp Gawd
I started to overclock my 6700k. Been using a H100i with ML120 fans on it.. usually idles pretty low like 23-25 ish give or take a few degrees. I set my multiplier to 46 and voltage to 1.350 and at full load was seeing temps at 85C which obviously is not good. I do not understand why the cooler has the temperatures so high. With a cooler like this at that voltage. I am inexperienced however though and am wondering if the voltage is high for that multiplier with a 6700k.

I am assuming something is wrong, although I am using an Evolv and the CPU radiator is on the top and has very little airflow.

What case are you running and what additional fans are in your system? Do you have more fans blowing air into the case then venting it? Are they all spinning? How well is the block seated against the CPU? Adequate amount of quality thermal paste being used? What graphics card(s) do you have installed? Ambient temp in the room higher then usual? Are you using an aggressive fan profile on the rad fans? Are certain cores heating up a noticeable amount more then others? Ideally they should all be within maybe 5*C from each other or so.

All good places to start.

Voltage seems right for the OC, but I'd agree those temps are too high.

I started to overclock my 6700k. Been using a H100i with ML120 fans on it.. usually idles pretty low like 23-25 ish give or take a few degrees. I set my multiplier to 46 and voltage to 1.350 and at full load was seeing temps at 85C which obviously is not good. I do not understand why the cooler has the temperatures so high. With a cooler like this at that voltage. I am inexperienced however though and am wondering if the voltage is high for that multiplier with a 6700k.

I am assuming something is wrong, although I am using an Evolv and the CPU radiator is on the top and has very little airflow.

Was in the same boat as you. Delidded and all my problems went away.

Was in the same boat as you. Delidded and all my problems went away.

I switched my Radiator to the front and I put tape on the radiator bracket hole that was empty, now my CPU is overclocked and I have no issues.

Back