6600GT AGP $40 @ compusa

ep1taph

Limp Gawd
Was browsing the site and found a 6600GT AGP for only 40 dollars?!

No online ordering, but you may be able to pick one up at your local compusa.

Link

There is also a PCI-Express 6600GT for $50.

[edit] OK it seems to hate direct links. Do a search for "6600gt" and you should find the two models.

YMMV, just thought I might give a headsup. Post your results.

none in stock in the augusta georgia area... toobad.. I wanted one. Oh, PS this is one of those DO call to check stock, nice automated system.

TED

Damn ... $40 for the AGP version ain't bad, especially since it's on par with the 9800Pro (which I've seen for $60 recently).

If only I needed one... :p

$50 for 6600GT is not bad at all. Consider a good gaming card a six months ago.

sweet baby jesus. I bought one of these when they first came out for $210.

this card is great for less than new games. OOS in portland OR unfortunately, its 500mhz core clock is great for HL2, ut2k4, lots of well designed games that love higher clocks for high res. only 128bit mem thou :eek:

This is a kick ass deal!! I run one one my work rig. I run everything, and I do mean everything on it.. Q4, Doom3, Preay, F.E.A.R. WoW, Americas Army, Oblivion..I mean everything. I play at 1024, and dont MAX out the settings, but enough where it looks cool as hell in every game. I would not play a game unless it looked good. Not full AA and shit, but enough settings where you really are happy with it. Serious...you will not be dissapointed in this card. DO NOT pass this up if you do not have a card that surpasses this one. :D

When do you find time to actually work?

2Fresh said:
This is a kick ass deal!! I run one one my work rig. I run everything, and I do mean everything on it.. Q4, Doom3, Preay, F.E.A.R. WoW, Americas Army, Oblivion..I mean everything. I play at 1024, and dont MAX out the settings, but enough where it looks cool as hell in every game. I would not play a game unless it looked good. Not full AA and shit, but enough settings where you really are happy with it. Serious...you will not be dissapointed in this card. DO NOT pass this up if you do not have a card that surpasses this one. :D

tuffgong said:
When do you find time to actually work?

hehhe..I work for my father. I take care of the accoutnting aspects of things. As long as I finish the daily business I am free to do what I like. :)

JaYp146 said:

I would have to say Yes. I owned both ant the 6600 GT gave me a very marginal performance boost.

Edit: Looks like it's SOLD OUT!

Did ANYONE have luck with this?

It smells alot like a bait tactic with very few in stock.

Store is probably trying to clean out old stock. You can sometimes find awesome deals on their old discontinued stuff (EXOS H20 systems, waterblocks, etc).

My BFG 6600GT I used to have absolutely wiped the floor with my first 9800pro. That's no lie.

arcturus said:
Did ANYONE have luck with this?

It smells alot like a bait tactic with very few in stock.
it's a discontinued item. Some stores might have em, others don't.

dBTelos said:
Obviously :confused:

"Originally Posted by hity645
Yes.

Now would it be worth it from a 9800pro?
Nope."

Response to that, just to clarify.

dBTelos said:
Maybe I got a good deal. That happens sometimes.

Yes it does, I sold my BFG 6600GT about a year ago on here for $125, used of course.

Ok, just to respond on this:

A: It's a good deal. Enough said.
B: Is it worth it to upgrade from a 9800Pro to this card? It depends on what you're looking to do with it.
C: Is it a better performer than the 9800Pro? YES.
-The 9800Pro does 2590 on the 3DMark05 score
-The 6600GT does 3281
D: Most 9800Pro's sell from $50 - $75 on the FS:FT forums here.

It performs on par with the 9800Pro; better in some things, worse in others.

Hope that helps some people.

The only FPS games a 6600GT *can't* handle on ultra-max settings are Battlefield2, Battlefield 2142, and FEAR (all of which do fine on Medium). On a slightly dated AthlonXP 2800+, Half-Life2, Doom3, Prey, and Quake4 all run squeaky-clean at 1280x1024 (even 1600x1200), with 2x anti-aliasing, 8x Anisotropic filtering, max textures, all effects, etc.

Indeed, this is still a great card. It does chug a bit with the Battlefield/FEAR games at Max settings, but wipes the floor absolutely clean with everything else. :) It'll still last at least until Spring 2007, which is when the next wave of next-gen games will begin coming out, and it will be time to upgrade again (at least for me).

Back