6600 vs 2060 vs rx 580

scoundrel

n00b
My Rx 480 has just lost health. After 6 years, it started to get a greenish, pixelized image in games and video playback and the DVI stopped working, I just have HDMI now.
My realistic options are the 6600 8gb or 2060 6gb or rx 580 8gb. I'll be keeping my current i7 6700 for a while still. Monitor is a 1080p 60 Hz. All three cards are similarly priced where I live.
Which one should I get?

Last edited:
Someone else can comment on the benchmarks.

I went with the 6600 because it was a big improvement over my old card and runs very cool. Plus I wanted to try an AMD card for the first time.

Honestly, I'm really liking the user experience and it plays the games I want to play just fine.

YMMV

Even bottlenecked in PCI Express 3, it's still fast from what I've seen having it in a B550 vs x470, noting compares at $229

Nah, I found out that the real problem is my monitor. After a sudden power outtage two days ago, it stopped reporting EDID information to the card. DVI wasn't working because of that and as soon as I disconnected the screen, both video outputs on the Radeon went back to working normally. Yeah, old and good RX480 still staying for a while. Time for a new monitor though.

Back