6600 cuts the borders of my video on fullscreen overlay, why?

Tordek

[H]ard|Gawd
I have dual screen display (so to speak).

I Primary Display is a CRT and my secondary is my TV.

The problem is that my PNY 6600 cuts an inch or so of the borders of all my videos as they show on the TV. I have no idea why, or how to fix this....

Any clues on this?

thx

Only your videos or everything on the TV?

If everything is "missing" a border then its overscan, I won't get technical lets just say its because of how regular TVs work

you can minimize overscan, in the tv display properties, I don't have a tv hooked now so I can't tell you exactly where it is but it looks like screen adjustment tab for your monitor.

no sorry thats not the answer. already tried it.

It only happens with fullscreen videos that I display on my TV. The video are in 16:9 aspect and for some reason the vid card cuts a large chunck of them on the sides.

Its like it zooms them. But the zoom factor is set to the lowest possible.

Here is a pic.

Image on my CRT Monitor
monitor_image.jpg

Image on my TV Screen
tv_image.jpg

Notice how im missing a part of the columns on the left and a step on the right...

Overlay overscan. I had that on my 6600GT when I was outputing to my TV.

Check the Video Overlay Settings (or Full Screen Video, if you are using full screen overlay mirroring ability) in the nVidia drivers for the TV display. You might have to adjust it from where it is, hit apply, then hit restore defaults to correct it. I puzzled me for a while as well, since the settings said there should be no overlay zooming but it was still zooming in.

mirroring = video plays in a window on monitor 1 and plays full screen on monitor 2

Igthorn said:
Overlay overscan. I had that on my 6600GT when I was outputing to my TV.

Check the Video Overlay Settings (or Full Screen Video, if you are using full screen overlay mirroring ability) in the nVidia drivers for the TV display. You might have to adjust it from where it is, hit apply, then hit restore defaults to correct it. I puzzled me for a while as well, since the settings said there should be no overlay zooming but it was still zooming in.

mirroring = video plays in a window on monitor 1 and plays full screen on monitor 2

didnt work.

thx anyway

anyone else?

image10tw.jpg

Look at the image...
1. Go into nView-settings.
2.Selct the TV-right click it and choose "Adjust unit" or something like that.
3. Press the Minus bottun untill the view fits.

Terra - Hope this helps

Back